What is your favorite alcoholic beverage?

3 hours ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Beer?  It's gotta be either Gumballhead (man, I miss the midwest...) or Two Hearted (easy to get out here still).

Liquor?  Tough to beat a simple Gin and Tonic when the weather is hot.

I just had some Gumballhead this past weekend :cheers:

My regular goto beer is Alaskan Amber Ale (now available in IL!) but I generally like to try different ones. Whenever I travel, I stop in the local brewpub. 

Liquor: Vodka, if I can get it, Beluga from Siberia. Problem is, it makes me do things like start threads titled "Coaches that teach how not to play basketball" :(

Beer: I'm one who likes to try different tastes, but my experiences with craft beers have not been the best. Maybe, I'm toooo experimental? I'm just going to stay with Bud Light as my favorite for now.

This is a tough topic, or perhaps I have a problem. My answer would be very mood dependent. 

My favorite bourbon is probably Angel's Envy, though 1792 is my go to economical bourbon. 

Zombie Dust is an easy choice for a beer, though I love a cold Sunking Cream Ale on a warm day. 

And of course I can never turn down a nice Pinot, Merlot or Cab. 

18 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Liquor: Vodka, if I can get it, Beluga from Siberia. Problem is, it makes me do things like start threads titled "Coaches that teach how not to play basketball" :(

Beer: I'm one who likes to try different tastes, but my experiences with craft beers have not been the best. Maybe, I'm toooo experimental? I'm just going to stay with Bud Light as my favorite for now.

Have you ever had Siberskaya? I spent a summer in the then Soviet Union (dating myself here). I couldn't drink the swill they sell here in the US for years after, as Russian stuff is just so, so much better. (Caveat, I'm a beer guy, but I like a really good Vodka). I remember Siberskaya, over there. It's not sold here. Btw, as I recall, the reason we have Smirnoff is due to an old Pepsi barter deal, addressing the hard currency challenge, Pepsi did a barter deal, Pepsi for Smirnoff. The Ruskii's got the better end of that deal. Smirnoff is some of their worst stuff.

5 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Have you ever had Siberskaya? I spent a summer in the then Soviet Union (dating myself here). I couldn't drink the swill they sell here in the US for years after, as Russian stuff is just so, so much better. (Caveat, I'm a beer guy, but I like a really good Vodka). I remember Siberskaya, over there. It's not sold here. Btw, as I recall, the reason we have Smirnoff is due to an old Pepsi barter deal, addressing the hard currency challenge, Pepsi did a barter deal, Pepsi for Smirnoff. The Ruskii's got the better end of that deal. Smirnoff is some of their worst stuff.

I've not had Siberskaya, I'll have to keep an eye out for it the next time I go. The last couple of years when I have gone, Tsarskaya and Beluga have been popular  in the stores. Tsarskaya is better than most anything we can get domestically, but Beluga is about twice the cost and worth the money. Very smooth! There is also a premium version of Beluga at about twice the standard version cost that I have not tried. You are right Russians do know how to make superior Vodka.

Nothing I have ever tasted since has  equalled the fantastic taste of a Cold Burger Beer  in Old Crosley Field in Cincinnati , Ohio , when I was there to see my Brooklyn / La Dodgers play the Reds !! Damn !! I wish I had a COLD Burger's right now ! I don't think you can find Burger beer anymore as Burger Beer Company  was bought out by a LARGER Beer maker and just disappeared ????????????!

Eagle Rare 17 year is the best Bourbon I've tasted.  I think it is better than all the Pappy's. I like Zaya rum too.  I don't drink beer at all anymore...maybe a shandy in the summer.

Some of you may remember Hoosier Liquors and Bloomington Liquors.  I used to work there in the 80's. Sad they sold out to big red.

On 3/23/2018 at 11:26 AM, hoosiertildeath said:

Nothing I have ever tasted since has  equalled the fantastic taste of a Cold Burger Beer  in Old Crosley Field in Cincinnati , Ohio , when I was there to see my Brooklyn / La Dodgers play the Reds !! Damn !! I wish I had a COLD Burger's right now ! I don't think you can find Burger beer anymore as Burger Beer Company  was bought out by a LARGER Beer maker and just disappeared ????????????!

Actually I had one a few years back when I was working close to Cincy.  I think Hudepohl owns them?

Archived