IU denies Patrick a Pro Day spot

3 hours ago, Payday said:

This is wrong and they should include him. He has been through a lot, most of his own making, but it doesn’t harm anyone to try and help him.

Maybe there is more behind the scenes here than what we are aware of?

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

There's no allowing him and not allowing him... it's policy and a damn good one. 

Because? Not sure he got along with the right people before he left. But pro day is a senior event, nobody there will impact the program in the future. Unless there was something going on concerning outside criminal investigations I’m not sure where the harm would be. But he will get a shot in a CFL or maybe NFL capacity. 

4 hours ago, rico said:

Maybe there is more behind the scenes here than what we are aware of?

I hope there is something else. No that I wish I’ll for the kid, but I wouldn’t want to think the program is being petty. It just seemed like an unnecessary negative.

7 minutes ago, Payday said:

Because? Not sure he got along with the right people before he left. But pro day is a senior event, nobody there will impact the program in the future. Unless there was something going on concerning outside criminal investigations I’m not sure where the harm would be. But he will get a shot in a CFL or maybe NFL capacity. 

Because of liability issues. There's no way I would allow him to participate. 

23 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Because of liability issues. There's no way I would allow him to participate. 

Maybe that is it, who knows. I would think a waiver similar to what other schools have used in the past might have covered any liability, but there is continuity in a kid who busts out due to health issues probably should not get to pick and choose when he or she wants the benefit of the program. Son had two opportunities to throw at other schools pro day so I’m not sure why Camion didn’t go that direction. There also has to be a question of just how good a shape could he possibly be in? Injuries and off field issues must have taken a toll. 

Archived