Who are you rooting for/who will win?

Who are you rooting for in the Final Four?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you rooting for in the Final Four?

• Loyola Chicago
    • Michigan
    • Villanova
    • Kansas
    • Nobody
  2. 2. Who do you think will win the national championship?

• Loyola Chicago
    • Michigan
    • Villanova
    • Kansas

I hate Michigan and I'm not the one who just roots for his conference, but I have to root for the Big Ten this time. It has been so long since the Big Ten has won it that it's kind of embarrassing. I'd love to see the Cinderella story come true and Loyola win, but frankly I'm not sure if it'd be a great thing for the sport.

I think Villanova has this in the bag though, which means if I were you guys I'd put your savings on each of the other teams. There's no way that I'll get something right about this tourney.

I think the opposite. Loyola wining would be great for the sport - that’s what everybody will talk about for weeks. It will also be remembered for ages  Heck, I can barely remember who won the NC last year.

Parity in sports is a good thing. Underdogs  in sports are a good thing. 

8 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I think the opposite. Loyola wining would be great for the sport - that’s what everybody will talk about for weeks. It will also be remembered for ages  Heck, I can barely remember who won the NC last year.

Maybe. It just seems like ratings drop hard when teams like Loyola go to the Final Four (i.e. George Mason and VCU). But Loyola does have a nice side story running alongside with it.

19 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

UNC won last year and I can pretty much tell you who was in the final four and who the champion was since 1976

48 minutes ago, Astrosws20 said:

Maybe. It just seems like ratings drop hard when teams like Loyola go to the Final Four (i.e. George Mason, VCU, and Butler). But Loyola does have a nice side story running alongside with it.

Fixed it for you.

7 minutes ago, IUaic said:

Fixed it for you.

Yeah but I think for Butler the ratings weren't as bad as the other two (I could easily be wrong) and certainly not as bad the second year because they became a recognizable and lovable underdog story, but not as flukish. Having said that, that second title game was among the worst basketball games I've ever seen in my life, particularly from a shooting standpoint. I think Butler barely got to 40 points in that game and UConn wasn't much better.

1 hour ago, Astrosws20 said:

Maybe. It just seems like ratings drop hard when teams like Loyola go to the Final Four (i.e. George Mason and VCU). But Loyola does have a nice side story running alongside with it.

Naw, I don't see it that way.  The FF has had plenty of "Cinderellas" before.  

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Naw, I don't see it that way.  The FF has had plenty of "Cinderellas" before.  

Not many like this. Maybe I just pay attention to it in a different way because I work in TV, but I hate seeing low ratings. Unless it's for a competitor lol. In this case it is, but still I hate seeing it.

1 minute ago, Astrosws20 said:

Not many like this. Maybe I just pay attention to it in a different way because I work in TV, but I hate seeing low ratings. Unless it's for a competitor lol. In this case it is, but still I hate seeing it.

See Indiana State

Truth be told, I'm okay with anyone except Kansas.  And, even then, I'm thankful it's Kansas and not Duke.  But, the tie goes to the conference (as long as it is not Purdue or Illinois), so I will be rooting for Michigan.  

I think Nova will win it though.  

2 hours ago, StLHoosier said:

Rooting for Loyola, because I think it would be cool to see them win it all.  I think Villanova will win it though.  They have the talent and play really good team ball. 

This is where I am - and with the majority - would LOVE to see little Loyola win on heart and talent, but expect Nova

I dislike that Loyola and Michigan play each other, because I’m rooting for both of them. I chose Loyola to cheer for and Villanova to win, but not because I want them to win.  I have zero interest in the second game. I will say that after Butler beat Villanova at Hinkle Fieldhouse, iirc, their coach was very classy.

I’d really enjoy seeing Michigan win because I just like their coach. He’s a classy guy, and a good coach. So if Loyola can’t win their game, I’m cheering for Michigan (and the B1G!). A strong Big Ten helps all Big Ten teams. Go blue!

Also, I think Loyola will actually bring some viewers, being from Chicago. But we’ll see. :)

Archived