Wouldn't all of the B10's naysayers

for this season be Shocked if Michigan wins the NCAA TOURNAMENT and Penn State wins the NIT TOURNAMENT ?? I'm rooting like HELL for Michigan and Penn State to stick it to all of the so called experts who have been saying that the Big Ten Conference basketball has been down this season !! Playing on the road during an entire Big Ten Conference season is BRUTAL ,imho !! P.S. Penn State has a tough game with Mississippi State tonight at Madison Square Garden in the second game !! Western Kentucky plays Utah in the first game ! A decent FINAL FOUR ffor the Men's NIT !!

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I couldn't care less if the big ten wins in either tournament especially the NIT because I don't care about that tournament.

I, for one, have a lot of conference pride.  Just like HTD, I would get a great amount of satisfaction if the Big Ten wins both.  There's not a year go by that I don't pick at least one, and sometimes two, Big Ten teams to make the Final Four.  

To top it off, John Bielien is a coach I admire.  I can understand some fans rooting for the Loyola as the underdog.  But, I can't understand why any Big Ten fan outside of East Lansing and Columbus would root against Michigan against either Villanova or Kansas.  

I look at it this way.  Say,IU is my child, but Michigan is my niece/nephew.  Would I root for my niece/nephew when they played my child?  No.  But, I would root for them if they played a random opponent.

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I, for one, have a lot of conference pride.  Just like HTD, I would get a great amount of satisfaction if the Big Ten wins both.  There's not a year go by that I don't pick at least one, and sometimes two, Big Ten teams to make the Final Four.  

To top it off, John Bielien is a coach I admire.  I can understand some fans rooting for the Loyola as the underdog.  But, I can't understand why any Big Ten fan outside of East Lansing and Columbus would root against Michigan against either Villanova or Kansas.  

I look at it this way.  Say,IU is my child, but Michigan is my niece/nephew.  Would I root for my niece/nephew when they played my child?  No.  But, I would root for them if they played a random opponent.

Ummm, how does that work if we are talking Purdue?

1 minute ago, rico said:

Ummm, how does that work if we are talking Purdue?

I would change the one sentence to read.  I can't understand why any Big Ten fan outside of Bloomington (all IU fans) would root against Purdue. 

So, while I would not root for the Boilers, nor would I expect any IU fan to do so, I would not understand why a Rutgers, Iowa, or Michigan fan would root against Purdue if they were in the Final Four.

9 minutes ago, jimsorgi said:

If we are talking about Purdue in the Final Four?

I'm not gonna way about something so outrageously unlikely.

It could have happened this year if Isaac Haas had not been injured........and, if Glenn Robinson, Rick Mount, and John Wooden were still on the team.........and, if Lee Rose was still the coach.........and, if Radford would have upset Villanova...........and, if only 8 teams were invited to the tournament to begin with.

That's a lot.  But, if the planets aligned just right, and every one of those things had happened, Purdue might have made the Final Four.

Always rooting for Big 10 teams when they're not playing IU. Perception is important. I want BIG 10 teams represent the conference well and that includes Purdue. I really hated Bo Ryan's Wisconsin teams until they reached consecutive FFs. His Wisconsin teams did ton of damage to other teams in conference games but they didn't represent BIG 10 well in March. Really hated that. 

Archived