RIP Daryl Thomas

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, snowling said:

!http://iuhoosiers.com/news/2018/3/28/mens-basketball-remembering-daryl-thomas.aspx

Go Hoosiers

I echo 5Fouls in saying thank you for sharing. Such lovely tributes. Daryl’s passing is giving me pause - 4 years of being a Hoosier and one moment that seems frozen in time with the ability to bring all IU fans together. To hear the accolades, that moment was born out of his genuine self - his unselfish personality, his desire to assist others, and his ability to uplift people. That whole sequence of events that lasted no more than seconds will now forever be the story of a life for me. Truly saddened to hear of his passing, and deepest condolences to his family, friends, and community in which he served. 

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I just can't believe there has been nothing on ESPN.com about DT passing.  if this was an ex player for Duke or UK it would be front page news.  DT was a major contributor on a championship team and can't even get a mention nationally.

Just received a notification from the ESPN app about his death. They were definitely slow on the draw but they just put something out.

I will always remember when Darryl made the pass to Kieth Smart who made the winning basket against Butthead Behoeim and those Syracuse Orange  !! Also , the comment Coach Knight made after that game "" Darryl learned enough to not to take that last shot and make the right pass ( or something to that effect, VBG)  !! God Bless You Darryl for coming to Bloomington , Indiana , and becoming a huge part of THE INDIANA HOOSIER TRADITION !! I Hope that you meet my Cousin , Jackie Jo Tracy up there in Paradise !! She was a beautiful girl and sang like an Angel here on EARTH and she left us way too early at the age of 21 !! You BOTH are sorely missed by me !!

10 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

I will always remember when Darryl made the pass to Kieth Smart who made the winning basket against Butthead Behoeim and those Syracuse Orange  !! Also , the comment Coach Knigt made after that game "" Darryl learned enough to not to take that last shot and make the right pass ( or something to that effect, VBG)  !! God Bless You Darryl for coming to Bloomington , Indiana , and becoming a huge part of THE INDIANA HOOSIER TRADITION !! I Hope that you meet my Cousin , Jackie Jo Tracy up there in Paradise !! She was a beautiful girl and sang like an Angel here on EARTH and she left us way too early at the age of 21 !! You BOTH are sorely missed by me !!

check PM again

39 minutes ago, morganmonroe said:

Loved the video, MM.  Thanks for bringing it to us.

Loved the part where Knight talked about Thomas making the "Smart" move, by passing the ball, instead of attempting to take the shot himself..

"Sometimes it's not the shot you take, but the one you give up that wins the game." milehiiu.  

RE: Verdell Jones.....

IU Buzzer Beater 

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

If u go and watch that whole interview and do not come away with the thought that you are listening to the best that has ever coached this sport I got nothing for you

Can't disagree. I just wish Knight and IU could resolve the differences.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived