Chatting with Cheaney

The HPER court 1 cheaney henderson Reynolds my roommate and  I controlled it all night. What an amazing evening one of my greatesy memories (sober ones) from college. Glad my roommate was on our team so i wasnt the worst player.  Rarely did i ever see Calbert miss a shot just shooting around ir even when guarded by average guys like us.

36 minutes ago, hoosierfan615 said:

Thanks mile! I just love all the information we get to read and learn about on this amazing fan forum!

You are welcome. As well as rico, and MrsStoller. And thanks for your kind words.  They are much appreciated. 

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

The HPER court 1 cheaney henderson Reynolds my roommate and  I controlled it all night. What an amazing evening one of my greatesy memories (sober ones) from college. Glad my roommate was on our team so i wasnt the worst player.  Rarely did i ever see Calbert miss a shot just shooting around ir even when guarded by average guys like us.

What an awesome experience to have had!! 

I got to know Calbert my senior year (his junior).  He was a super human being.  One day toward the end of the semester we met after not having seen each other in awhile.  He asked what I'd been up to, and I said I had been getting ready for graduation, and that I needed to start looking for a real job.  He nodded and said "Yeah, I guess I'll be in the same boat next year"  at which point I started laughing.  Calbert asked what was so funny, and I asked if he had ever heard of the NBA Draft, or a lottery pick.  He grinned and said "I hope so, but nothing is guaranteed, and I have to have a back  up plan".  Crazy thing is, he was sincere, he was genuinely humble.  It was a pleasure to get to know him, and it's clear he hasn't changed one bit.

7 hours ago, Muddy River said:

I got to know Calbert my senior year (his junior).  He was a super human being.  One day toward the end of the semester we met after not having seen each other in awhile.  He asked what I'd been up to, and I said I had been getting ready for graduation, and that I needed to start looking for a real job.  He nodded and said "Yeah, I guess I'll be in the same boat next year"  at which point I started laughing.  Calbert asked what was so funny, and I asked if he had ever heard of the NBA Draft, or a lottery pick.  He grinned and said "I hope so, but nothing is guaranteed, and I have to have a back  up plan".  Crazy thing is, he was sincere, he was genuinely humble.  It was a pleasure to get to know him, and it's clear he hasn't changed one bit.

A great story.  Can't say it enough.  It's first hand stories like this, and member's willingness to share, that makes one of the things I love about HSN, so special for me. 

Archived