IU Women playing for NIT title

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are 3,400 balcony seats. With over 13,000 in attendance that had to mean the lower bowl was jam packed.  Just great to see.

Coach did a great job coaching this team down the stretch.  11-0 at home ending the season.

Love that Tyra finished out her tremendous career the way she did.... on a winning team. 

2 minutes ago, Astrosws20 said:

When Tyra was shooting FTs at the end they showed a stat that she had 4,897 high school points, the most by anybody in male or female high school basketball history. That’s for the state of Indiana right? Not ever by anybody anywhere, is it?

Mt. Carmel, Illinois.

9 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Way to go Ladies!! I have said all season long they were the shining stars on an otherwise dismal year.......

Can't argue with you in terms of basketball.  However, Men's S&D finished third in the Nationals.  And Men's Soccer went to the National Championship game, before losing in double OT.

And Currently IU's Men's baseball team is ranked in the top 20, and winning. 

Glad to be a Hoosier Fan is all....must suck to be an Illini fan. "Don't put that on the internet".  LOL

4 minutes ago, Astrosws20 said:

Oh that’s right. I had in my mind she’s from Indiana. Well my question now, is it Illinois or everywhere? That’d be an amazing bragging point. “I’ve outscored everyone.” Haha.

It's an Illinois record.  There national ladies BB players that have scored 5k or more points in a career, and even one, who went well about 6K in a career.

1 minute ago, 3Ballin said:

It was an awesome game. They overcame a run by VT. Great way to end the year!!!  

Got to hand it to both teams.  VT made a run of it in the 3rd qtr.  And IU never lost their composure, coming down the stretch in the 4th qtr. 

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

It's an Illinois record.  There national ladies BB players that have scored 5k or more points in a career, and even one, who went well about 6K in a career.

Yeah, that’s what I thought. I thought women’s bball players have some ridiculous numbers up there. Not that 4,897 isn’t a ridiculous number.

51 minutes ago, Astrosws20 said:

When Tyra was shooting FTs at the end they showed a stat that she had 4,897 high school points, the most by anybody in male or female high school basketball history. That’s for the state of Indiana right? Not ever by anybody anywhere, is it?

And there were people saying she was too short and IU shouldn't have taken her commitment. There are always doubters, and then there are players who prove the doubters wrong. Tyra's an amazing basketball player, and a great face for the Women's team. What a way to graduate.

Archived