Final Four thread?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the officiating has been pretty fair. Michigan is pressuring heavy on the perimeter, and when you do that to a team as smart as Nova with such talented guards, you’re going to get called for a lot of reaching and blocking fouls. 

20 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I think the officiating has been pretty fair. Michigan is pressuring heavy on the perimeter, and when you do that to a team as smart as Nova with such talented guards, you’re going to get called for a lot of reaching and blocking fouls. 

Politely disagree.  I am in a bar in Phoenix and the general consensus is that Villanova is getting the driving fouls where Michigan isn't.

44 minutes ago, BGleas said:

How did all three announcers watch that replay of DeVincenzo’s block and not mention it was goal tending? Ball hit the backboard first. 

It did hit the backboard, but isn't the rule that if it hits the backboard below the rim it's clean? Could have sworn I thought that was the rule. 

My takeaway from the tournament is...patience, patience, patience...

In Jay Wright's first three seasons at Nova he was 52-46 with ZERO tournament appearances. Also once he got it up and running, he had a 10 year period (from 04-05 to 14-15) where he had 1 final four (which definitely helped him with stability) and 6 first weekend exits in the tournament, as well as a missed tournament. 

In John Beilein's first three seasons at Michigan he was 46-53 with 1 tournament appearance. 

We'd all love Archie to turn this thing around overnight, and as IU fans for starving for relevance again on the big stage, but if we believe Archie is the "the guy", and I think he can be, then we need to be patience and let him build this thing. 

Archived