Way too early '18-'19 preseason poll

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, rico said:

Don't kill the mailman.....I just posted the article!!!!!  LOL  But I did find Whiskey's inclusion in that poll to be quite odd.

No offense intended toward you. They also tend to overrate whatever KY's Freshmen class consists of.

10 minutes ago, Fundamentals said:

UVA was not even picked for last preseason’s top 25 and they dominated their conference.   That, along with Wisky at 15, highlights the worthlessness of these polls.   

Yep, but hey it gives us something to talk about!!!!!

2 hours ago, IUaic said:

No offense intended toward you. They also tend to overrate whatever KY's Freshmen class consists of.

I noticed that as well.  With the roster turnover at pUKe, it's a complete crapshoot to assume anything about how good they will be.

9 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I noticed that as well.  With the roster turnover at pUKe, it's a complete crapshoot to assume anything about how good they will be.

And add to it......that SEC aint too shabby!!!!!!  Good luck UK(well not really)!

Wisconsin will be tough again IF Happ returns !! They only had one Senior and he was an almost never used walk on !! IF IU returns all players that are eligible to return to add to their #  23 rated Recruiting Class { and Archie has 2 more 'ships he could still use fffffor 2018-2019-Ibelieve) LOK OUT FOR OUR INDIANA HOOSIERS!!

P.S. I did not see the pee yew smellermakers listed in their TOP 25 either !! Oh how the mighty[?] have FALLEN , VBG !!

- I think there's a chance Wisconsin can be decent, but not that good. 
- PSU could be that good, but I just don't think Carr will stay. EDIT - wrote this before seeing that Carr is gone. 
- No way UK is top 3
- Duke will be good, but let's not forget that they finished the season 9th in the AP and that was with their veteran Trippy McTrip Pants to lead their Freshman. I can't see next year's team surpassing this year's team, i don't care what new freshman they have coming in.  
- I think Maryland is legit.
- If we land Romeo, we will be in preseason top 25 polls. (I mean, if Wisconsin can make it into one :panic:)

This prediction is really, really odd.

In addition to others noted:

- Think Brey is a really good coach for ND, but they were bad without Colson. Now they lose him and Farrell. Tournament would be a huge success

- Xavier loses a TON (top three players, plus another rotation big guy), and only has 9 scholarship players for next season right now - including three freshman not ranked in the top 150. Top 25 is way too high at the moment unless they do major work on the grad transfer market. Likely a pretty big rebuilding year with only one senior (again, pending transfers).

1 hour ago, jimsorgi said:

This prediction is really, really odd.

In addition to others noted:

- Think Brey is a really good coach for ND, but they were bad without Colson. Now they lose him and Farrell. Tournament would be a huge success

- Xavier loses a TON (top three players, plus another rotation big guy), and only has 9 scholarship players for next season right now - including three freshman not ranked in the top 150. Top 25 is way too high at the moment unless they do major work on the grad transfer market. Likely a pretty big rebuilding year with only one senior (again, pending transfers).

-I will go to bat for Brey on this one.  When they were without Colson another starter went down.  But that said Mike has away of grooming his teams......he almost gets the Bo Ryan treatment.  Don't count him out.

-As far as X, I have no idea.  They lost a lot and now have a new coach.  And I have no idea, other than Nova, what the other Big East teams have coming back or coming in.  

3 hours ago, rico said:

-I will go to bat for Brey on this one.  When they were without Colson another starter went down.  But that said Mike has away of grooming his teams......he almost gets the Bo Ryan treatment.  Don't count him out.

-As far as X, I have no idea.  They lost a lot and now have a new coach.  And I have no idea, other than Nova, what the other Big East teams have coming back or coming in.  

Yeah, Farrell was the other starter they lost for a stretch - point guard and second best player on that team. He graduates. They also lose another starter, Geben, who averaged 11/8.

Agree that Brey does a tremendous job (and would have them in the tournament mix only because of him), and Gibbs being back is huge. But I don't know how you put a team that missed the tournament and lost 3 of its top 4 players in the preseason top 25. 

8 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Wisconsin will be tough again IF Happ returns !! They only had one Senior and he was an almost never used walk on !! IF IU returns all players that are eligible to return to add to their #  23 rated Recruiting Class { and Archie has 2 more 'ships he could still use fffffor 2018-2019-Ibelieve) LOK OUT FOR OUR INDIANA HOOSIERS!!

P.S. I did not see the pee yew smellermakers listed in their TOP 25 either !! Oh how the mighty[?] have FALLEN , VBG !!

Why will they be tough? Their roster isn’t that talented. Outside of Happ their front court is a joke. They have a few decent guards but nothing special. I think Purdue will be better than Wisconsin next year. 

Archived