Way too early '18-'19 preseason poll

Nova will be really, really good again. They'll return way more then people realize even after Bridges and Brunson go pro. 

Booth, Gillespe, DiVincenzo, Paschall, Spellman, Cosby-Roundtree... Plus have a top 50 FR that hardly played this year and adding in 3 top 50 FR including a top 25 PG. 

They should absolutely be #1 headed into next year. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Why will they be tough? Their roster isn’t that talented. Outside of Happ their front court is a joke. They have a few decent guards but nothing special. I think Purdue will be better than Wisconsin next year. 

Happ can't hit outside of 7-8 feet and is terrible from the line.  He's got great footwork and low-post moves, but given his lack of range, he can definitely be defended.  The freshman guard that kept getting his shoulder dislocated seemed to be the toughest/most talented kid on the team.  Beyond those two, not really seeing what Wisconsin has other than role players.

5 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Happ can't hit outside of 7-8 feet and is terrible from the line.  He's got great footwork and low-post moves, but given his lack of range, he can definitely be defended.  The freshman guard that kept getting his shoulder dislocated seemed to be the toughest/most talented kid on the team.  Beyond those two, not really seeing what Wisconsin has other than role players.

Agree with you 100%

8 hours ago, btownqb said:

Nova will be really, really good again. They'll return way more then people realize even after Bridges and Brunson go pro. 

Booth, Gillespe, DiVincenzo, Paschall, Spellman, Cosby-Roundtree... Plus have a top 50 FR that hardly played this year and adding in 3 top 50 FR including a top 25 PG. 

They should absolutely be #1 headed into next year. 

They have an incoming frosh, Cole Swider, that is a tremendous player.  Aggressive, 6’8 wing that can really shoot.  Saw him last spring at EYBL when his team, BABC, was playing Bradley Beal with Darius Garland.  Swider’s team rolled, and Garland was outplayed by BABC’s point guard, too.  

2 minutes ago, Fundamentals said:

They have an incoming frosh, Cole Swider, that is a tremendous player.  Aggressive, 6’8 wing that can really shoot.  Saw him last spring at EYBL when his team, BABC, was playing Bradley Beal with Darius Garland.  Swider’s team rolled, and Garland was outplayed by BABC’s point guard, too.  

Yes.. they might be deeper next year. 

34 minutes ago, Fundamentals said:

Archie tried to get Swider when he first got to IU. 

6 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Wisconsin had a bunch of players hurt last year. The Trice kid is the one that comes to mind but I know there were more than thst. Wisconsin will be a lot better next year.  Maybe not too 25 but very competitive. Happy can't shoot but he does a lot of other things very very well. Who knows maybe he will work on that 15 foot jumper this offseason and take the next step. 

43 minutes ago, Fundamentals said:

I love Cole Swider! Wanted IU to get him really bad! This isn't the last time you will hear his name. 

50 minutes ago, rico said:

I just don't see that. Edwards will be great. Harrmes avg at best.  He is one of those guys that just get under my skin.. idk why his mannerisms bring me pain

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

I just don't see that. Edwards will be great. Harrmes avg at best.  He is one of those guys that just get under my skin.. idk why his mannerisms bring me pain

I haven't sit back and crossed referenced the 3 polls that I have posted.  But from memory there seems to be a lot of discrepancy among them.  As far as Purdue,  there is no way they lose 4 starters and should be mentioned in any preseason poll.

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Average at best? He was average to decent this year. I expect him to improve next year. 

Will be interesting to see Harms take a bunch more minutes. He showed some rim protection ability in short segments, but he's rail-thin.  He'd better really eat his Wheaties this summer or next season will be a lot more of a grind for him without Haas taking most of the minutes.

I could see a long season for Harms if his hair product fails to keep his vision unobstructed.

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

He has no offense besides Oreb, at this point. 

If he has to play 28 plus minutes a game he will wear himself just celebrating every layup like he just hit the 3 to win the National championship.  On second thought he will only celebrating like that 2 or 3 times a game so he should be ok

3 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Agreed. But his defense/shotblocking is already very solid. If he can work on his offense and continue to get stronger, I like his future. 

I would like his future better if he would get a dang hair cut.

still say i hate Purdouche more than anyone other than HTD, but you never expect them to be bad because they will play tough and they will play tough D.  that said, this was the best yeat they could have hoped for in the foreseeable future.  would be fair to think they'll be competitive next year.  possible squeak into the tourney.  lose in the 2nd round.  that's better than what we've been doing, but if we have Morgan and/or Romeo next year, it may be time for a change!  

8 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

still say i hate Purdouche more than anyone other than HTD, but you never expect them to be bad because they will play tough and they will play tough D.  that said, this was the best yeat they could have hoped for in the foreseeable future.  would be fair to think they'll be competitive next year.  possible squeak into the tourney.  lose in the 2nd round.  that's better than what we've been doing, but if we have Morgan and/or Romeo next year, it may be time for a change!  

I just don't see it that way.  They lost 4 starters.  And pretty much played with a 7-8 man rotation.  

29 minutes ago, rico said:

I just don't see it that way.  They lost 4 starters.  And pretty much played with a 7-8 man rotation.  

i hope you're right and certainly get the logic.  my point is that they have one excellent player, a big man who will be pretty skilled, and a coach who gets the most out of what they have.  they'll play solid D and tough, smart basketball.  it kills me saying these things, and i am certainly not calling them B1G contenders or nationally relevant, but i don't see them being bad.  would love to be wrong on this one!

11 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i hope you're right and certainly get the logic.  my point is that they have one excellent player, a big man who will be pretty skilled, and a coach who gets the most out of what they have.  they'll play solid D and tough, smart basketball.  it kills me saying these things, and i am certainly not calling them B1G contenders or nationally relevant, but i don't see them being bad.  would love to be wrong on this one!

To me if Carsen Edwards comes back they will still finish in the top 6 of the conference but if he doesn't then they could finish in the bottom 4.

Archived