Way too early '18-'19 preseason poll

35 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me if Carsen Edwards comes back they will still finish in the top 6 of the conference but if he doesn't then they could finish in the bottom 4.

Carsen is a player, there is no doubt about that.  And if he comes back he is just gonna be a one man show.  Who is going to step up for the Boilers?  One of the bench guys?  One of the freshman?  It remains to be seen but Carsen can't do it by himself.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, rico said:

Carsen is a player, there is no doubt about that.  And if he comes back he is just gonna be a one man show.  Who is going to step up for the Boilers?  One of the bench guys?  One of the freshman?  It remains to be seen but Carsen can't do it by himself.

I really like the grad transfer Boudreaux as I think he’ll be really good for us. With solid improvements from Haarms and Eastern, I really like our starting lineup. If we can get anything from either of the redshirts or true freshmen, I like our potential. 

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I really like the grad transfer Boudreaux as I think he’ll be really good for us. With solid improvements from Haarms and Eastern, I really like our starting lineup. If we can get anything from either of the redshirts or true freshmen, I like our potential. 

I understand that and I ain't doubting you.  But the fact remains the Boilers lost 4 starters.  No way of replacing that over night.  Purdue is not a "one and done school".  To me, and I might be wrong, they are in a semi-rebuilding mode.  As much grief as Painter gets around here, I think he is a good coach.  We shall see how the pieces of the puzzle fit together.

39 minutes ago, rico said:

I understand that and I ain't doubting you.  But the fact remains the Boilers lost 4 starters.  No way of replacing that over night.  Purdue is not a "one and done school".  To me, and I might be wrong, they are in a semi-rebuilding mode.  As much grief as Painter gets around here, I think he is a good coach.  We shall see how the pieces of the puzzle fit together.

I know what you mean. I’d feel much differently if Boudreaux wasn’t in the fold. If we can add a solid grad transfer guard I’ll be happy. 

9 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

still say i hate Purdouche more than anyone other than HTD, but you never expect them to be bad because they will play tough and they will play tough D.  that said, this was the best yeat they could have hoped for in the foreseeable future.  would be fair to think they'll be competitive next year.  possible squeak into the tourney.  lose in the 2nd round.  that's better than what we've been doing, but if we have Morgan and/or Romeo next year, it may be time for a change!  

I'd be willing to bet anything I own their non-conference schedule will be cupcake city with a rebuilding team and they'll go 11-2 or so. So yeah, record-wise I don't see them struggling.

14 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

I'd be willing to bet anything I own their non-conference schedule will be cupcake city with a rebuilding team and they'll go 11-2 or so. So yeah, record-wise I don't see them struggling.

i hate to say it, but yes, weak conference schedule + good defense + one great player + a big man that will be better than what we want to believe, and they'll be all right.  by their standards, it'll be a respectable year.  

Archived