I am probably way to old school but

4 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Couple thoughts here. First and foremost, Scott, do you even like changing your underwear? I mean goodness gracious man. 

Secondly, does anyone have any proof that these guys don't follow college basketball. I mean, they're all basketball guys and college guys do go on to the NBA. The logical, intelligent assumption is that they follow college ball and can speak to it better than most unless someone has evidence to the contrary. 

I can’t speak to the underwear question. If I could, well, uh, never mind.

Barkley and Kenny at least have openly commented they haven’t watched any college games - I’ve heard them! 

But I don’t really think it’s a big deal - if they have watched the teams in the season in which they’re asked to commentate then I’m all for it, fun group of guys 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I can’t speak to the underwear question. If I could, well, uh, never mind.

Barkley and Kenny at least have openly commented they haven’t watched any college games - I’ve heard them! 

But I don’t really think it’s a big deal - if they have watched the teams in the season in which they’re asked to commentate then I’m all for it, fun group of guys 

I did hear Barkley and Smith say that they have a stats guy that sends them college stats, articles, notes, etc. on a weekly basis throughout the season. 

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

Couple thoughts here. First and foremost, Scott, do you even like changing your underwear? I mean goodness gracious man. 

Secondly, does anyone have any proof that these guys don't follow college basketball. I mean, they're all basketball guys and college guys do go on to the NBA. The logical, intelligent assumption is that they follow college ball and can speak to it better than most unless someone has evidence to the contrary. 

Does anyone like changing their underwear?

This is a good discussion.  I included a link of the announcing teams from this year’s March Madness coverage.  

I enjoy Barkley.  He’s blunt and very insightful, and doesn’t try to hide his preference for West coast basketball.  He doesn’t know the teams very well, let alone the players, but if you listen to him at halftime or after a game he is following, he sees the game well and makes good observations.  

Enjoy (from tourney coverage):

Barkley

Clark Kellogg (top shelf)

Raftery

Reggie Miller

Brad Nessler

Kevin Harlan

Spero Dedes

Don’t care for their announcing:

Jim Spanarkel (ACC bias is obvious)

Chris Webber

https://thebiglead.com/2018/03/05/ncaa-tournament-announcing-teams/

40 minutes ago, Fundamentals said:

This is a good discussion.  I included a link of the announcing teams from this year’s March Madness coverage.  

I enjoy Barkley.  He’s blunt and very insightful, and doesn’t try to hide his preference for West coast basketball.  He doesn’t know the teams very well, let alone the players, but if you listen to him at halftime or after a game he is following, he sees the game well and makes good observations.  

Barkley

Raftery

Reggie Miller

Brad Nessler

Kevin Harlan

Spero Dedes

Chris Webber

Omggg.. forgot about Spanarkel.. he is AWFULLLLLL

59 minutes ago, Fundamentals said:

Barkley

Raftery

Reggie Miller

Brad Nessler

Kevin Harlan

Spero Dedes

Chris Webber

Yeah Kellog and Reggie are great 

My thing is if it is not broken why try to fix it and make it worse.  The one change I do like was that the games on  4 channels and not just one now.  Before if the game you were watching was a blowout you could not just go to another game like you can now.

19 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

My thing is if it is not broken why try to fix it and make it worse.  The one change I do like was that the games on  4 channels and not just one now.  Before if the game you were watching was a blowout you could not just go to another game like you can now.

Ok.. and with that you need more announcers. And you're crazy if you think Turner is going to hire people outside their staff. Barkley, Smith, and Reggie are all really good and great to listen to. Kellogg is fantastic.. Raf is solid, Hill is good. Davis and Spanarkel suck, so dump them... bring in Hummel and Stephen Bardo or Shon Morris. Good to go. 

29 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Ok.. and with that you need more announcers. And you're crazy if you think Turner is going to hire people outside their staff. Barkley, Smith, and Reggie are all really good and great to listen to. Kellogg is fantastic.. Raf is solid, Hill is good. Davis and Spanarkel suck, so dump them... bring in Hummel and Stephen Bardo or Shon Morris. Good to go. 

Bardo? Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

You don't need anymore game announcers now than you did before it is still the same format.  The first round you have 8 sites so you need 8 game crew announcers just like it was when it was just on CBS.  Also why the need for a 3 man crew because to me you only need two.

Archived