I am probably way to old school but

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

You don't need anymore game announcers now than you did before it is still the same format.  The first round you have 8 sites so you need 8 game crew announcers just like it was when it was just on CBS.  Also why the need for a 3 man crew because to me you only need two.

You're right about the crew.. you do need am extra studio team though. And you're just complaining to complain now about the difference between a 3 man to a 2 man. 

20 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

The 1950s called and wants IU Scott back

Whatever since I was not born in the 50's.  Just because things change does not mean better all the time.  If things worked in the past they should work now as well but it seems like everything has to meet the younger generations approval to be any good.

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Whatever since I was not born in the 50's.  Just because things change does not mean better all the time.  If things worked in the past they should work now as well but it seems like everything has to meet the younger generations approval to be any good.

And just because things change doesn't mean they are worse. The notion that things used to work so they will work now is an utterly ridiculous thing to say; do you have any idea how many companies have failed because of that mindset? 

Your disdain for the younger generation is absolutely ridiculous. 

6 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

And just because things change doesn't mean they are worse. The notion that things used to work so they will work now is an utterly ridiculous thing to say; do you have any idea how many companies have failed because of that mindset? 

Your disdain for the younger generation is absolutely ridiculous. 

I don't disdain this generation at all since I do have two kids that are 18 and 20.  I feel most sports are better today than it was back then like pro and college football as well as baseball.  I just don't think the changes CBS has done with their tournament production is a good change.

This is the One Shining moment in 1987 and this is how it is suppose to be like.

I was born in '67.  I like the way it is now as compared to what I grew up with when it comes to TV coverage.  Especially the tournament.  Sure people are always gonna complain about certain announcers or studio people.  But this "old" guy is perfectly happy with the coverage.

19 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't disdain this generation at all since I do have two kids that are 18 and 20.  I feel most sports are better today than it was back then like pro and college football as well as baseball.  I just don't think the changes CBS has done with their tournament production is a good change.

This is the One Shining moment in 1987 and this is how it is suppose to be like.

You don't disdain the younger generation, you just constantly complain about it. 

Why is One Shining Moment supposed to be that way? 

The biggest story with the broadcasts is that all of the games are now on everywhere.  It used to be, and I mean recently, that you used to have to figure out which games would be on locally.  With the Turner channels involved, you get all the games, and to me that is the lead to the story about broadcasting.

PS, I like Bilas, Seth Greenberg, Clark Kellogg and many others.

Kenny and Chuck are hailed for their NBA work.  They are widely considered as having the best pre/post game shows in all of sports these days.

On the topic of ANNOUNCERS :: I dislike any announcere who is so stuck on himself and the sound of his own voice that he/she Prattles on and on about nonsense bull crap that has nothing to do with the game that I am watching and trying to keep a scoresheet of that game !! It is getting more like instead of game coverage of the actual game it has become more like a [censured ] damn talk show than coverage of an actual game !! The MLB network has several of those self loving motor mouth types !! 

14 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

i have no idea how he has a job.  he is terrible and spends more time talking about weird off topic things.  He partner always looks confused and annoyed by him.

Can't say I blame them...I'm confused and annoyed by him too!

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Barkley has grown on me.  Kenny Smith is just plain awful.  I feel sorry for Kellogg that he has to share the studio  with Smith.  I like Nantz, Raftery, and Hill.  They work well together.

Is it just me or does Kenny Smith always feel arrogant and like he really doesn't want to be there at all?

On 4/4/2018 at 10:47 AM, IU Scott said:

Sorry , I guess it is the way I like it

hey man.  certain posters on here think you have to agree with everything they say or you are completely wrong and have no idea what you're talking about.  to each their own.  i personally agree with you, but i am also a little on the older side.  i like tradition.  i don't like changing the games (baseball, basketball, football).  does that mean i am speaking in absolutes?  no.  sure, some change is necessary and some changes are good.  i personally just don't like that the NBA makes new rules every time a star gets hurt.  or that you don't know when you are allowed to tag a player out at the plate in baseball.  or that you have to be careful not to tackle too high or too low, but just right in football.  i think the NCAA tournament coverage is awesome, but dislike the NBA feel it's starting to get.  i personally cannot watch the NBA at all.  it is like the old WWF wrestling to me.  doesn't mean others don't love it though.  

6 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Is it just me or does Kenny Smith always feel arrogant and like he really doesn't want to be there at all?

I don't know about arrogant, to me he comes across as an idiot.  Even doing the NBA.

IU Scott :; I totally agree with your comment that "Change is not always a good thing " ( I was paraphrasing ! If I could get a very clear radio broadcast of every college basketball game that I watch , I would do like I do for all IU Men's Basketball games !!! That is mute the damn sound of the tv and listen to the radio broadcast !! Radio broadcasts are always WAY BETTER than the TV Announcers coverage !! As much difference as Night is to DAY ,imho !! Why they even give jobs to KNOWN Cheaters is also beyond my comprehension of RIGHT and WRONG !!!

And i do agree that 'One Shining Moment' has been ruined.  I used to watch bad championships to the end just to see OSM.    I turned the game off early this year because the outcone was evident and OSM is no longer worth staying up for.

Archived