Way to early Brackettology from Lunardi

i'll say what i said going into this year... talent matters.  if everyone other than our board predicts a 7-10 finish in conference, they may be right.  of course we overachieved a little this year when looking at that.  so... the whole key is personnel.  is Morgan back?  do we get Romeo?  i say if Morgan is back and no Romeo, we may be able to squeak into the tourney.  if we have both, i really think we could see a top 10 team in the nation.  seriously, why not?  Morgan will be really really good.  Romeo is a top talent (saying he is just a freshman doesn't matter any more in college bball).  still say Davis can give us a legit big.  i really think Smith is ready to be the real deal.  people are saying Hunter could be better than Smith!?  Phinessee could give us a legit PG.  McRoberts, Green, and Durham give us depth.  why not?

3 minutes ago, Nesquik1 said:

All depends on Romeo. If he goes to Vandy, the Hoosiers are a NIT level team. 

agreed for the most part, but as long as Morgan is back, you never know.  how will Hunter and Phinessee turn out?  is Smith ready to make the jump?  Durham and Green?  still say Davis will give us an element we need.  now of course if all of those are bad answers, it will be ugly. 

1 hour ago, NCHoosier32 said:

agreed for the most part, but as long as Morgan is back, you never know.  how will Hunter and Phinessee turn out?  is Smith ready to make the jump?  Durham and Green?  still say Davis will give us an element we need.  now of course if all of those are bad answers, it will be ugly. 

If Morgan comes back, there will be no excuses for missing the tournament, regardless of where Romeo goes.

1 minute ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Can you elaborate on why you think he is wrong?  

The B1G is going to be wide open next year......we finished 9-9 in conference play this year.  We were probably only about a marquis win from making it.......or about 3 wins in conference from doing so.  We lost RoJo..........hmmmmmmm.  That is it.  The players returning are veterans.  We have pieces that are coming in......but make no mistake we weren't that far away from making it.  Romeo or not.......next years squad will be a NCAA caliber tournament team.

6 hours ago, Nesquik1 said:

All depends on Romeo. If he goes to Vandy, the Hoosiers are a NIT level team. 

I think we're in with or without him.  You seem to be really discounting what we already have and the remainder of the incoming class.

22 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I think we're in with or without him.  You seem to be really discounting what we already have and the remainder of the incoming class.

I agree. Plus even if we miss on Romeo, Archie will still add another key contributing piece whether it's Taylor or another grad transfer or Juco. We will have the talent of a tourney team  next year one way or another and I think most of us agree that Archie brings the coaching talent we will need and the guys coming back will be better at executing his defense as well.

Archived