Juan Harris, DT to transfer

I have started getting reports, sadly.... that not all may be well in the IUFB program.  Certain undercurrents.  Not as serious as when Wilson first came to IU.... and not as bad as when he was terminated.  But, disconcerting non the less.  I am doing my due diligence, and checking on these reports, before coming back.  Will be checking with people who should know what, if anything is going on, or not.  And I hope to report that what is going on, is not serious.

One clue.  Keep an eye on the  QB position.  

20 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I have started getting reports, sadly.... that not all may be well in the IUFB program.  Certain undercurrents.  Not as serious as when Wilson first came to IU.... and not as bad as when he was terminated.  But, disconcerting non the less.  I am doing my due diligence, and checking on these reports, before coming back.  Will be checking with people who should know what, if anything is going on, or not.  And I hope to report that what is going on, is not serious.

I'm a big fan of Allen, so I'm just going to do this for the time being while I "patiently" await your return to fill us all in.

Image result for i can't hear you

Oh yeah, @milehiiu.  Which QB are we supposed to be watching?

I'm just guessing here, but is it the QB who was the offensive scout team player of the year last year who hasn't been heard from all spring?  I was expecting him to be our #2 and challenge Ramsey, but he appears to have fallen off the face of the Earth in the last month.

Unless Mile has an ear in the room in a football office, that’s just speculation. Transfers happen at every school. Guys will leave for one reason or another. As far as the quarterback position goes, Mike Penix has passed Nick Tronti and is miles ahead of him now, so I wouldn’t be surprised if something happens there. I had high hopes for Tronti, the former Florida Mr. Football, but he just hasn’t progressed like many predicted. He has not gotten any reps in the last few scrimmage situations. 

25 minutes ago, HoosierSJ said:

Unless Mile has an ear in the room in a football office, that’s just speculation. Transfers happen at every school. Guys will leave for one reason or another. As far as the quarterback position goes, Mike Penix has passed Nick Tronti and is miles ahead of him now, so I wouldn’t be surprised if something happens there. I had high hopes for Tronti, the former Florida Mr. Football, but he just hasn’t progressed like many predicted. He has not gotten any reps in the last few scrimmage situations. 

Mile has many ears in many places, so maybe he does get his info from one of the coaches haha.

I'm hoping that Tronti not getting the snaps just means that Penix is playing that much better than him right now.  I really think that might be the case, but even then, I thought Tronti would be getting more time based on the staff naming him the scout team player of the year.  Ramsey won that the previous year.  Maybe what Mile is hearing has something to do with Tronti not getting any reps.

On 4/7/2018 at 10:53 AM, milehiiu said:

Obviously your QB predication came to fruition.  Would love to hear an updates on what else might be going on. The last thing this program needs is high turnover or unrest. But it almost seems as though year two is when the rubber meets the road. @milehiiu

Archived