Favorite fast food restaurant ?

milehiiu

They are building a Culver's just a mile from my house.  I have only been to Culver's once in my life. However, based on my experience, I am truly excited, and can't wait for it to open.

Culver's Restaurant Location Search Results | Culver's

What do you think of Culver's ?

And.... what are some of your favorite fast food establishments ?

I like Culvers burgers.  Their fries could be better.  I would like them a lot more of they served Coke instead of Pepsi.

I agree with 5fouls on Steak and Shake.  I also like Five Guys and Qdoba.  I'm not sure any of those are classic fast food.

For traditional fast food I like Hardees and Chik Fil A.  I have a four year old so McDonald's has become part of my life again.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Not really fast food, but not fine dining either.  I love me some Steak 'N' Shake.

Traditional fast food:

• Chick Fil-A
  • Potbellies
  • Arby's

We got a Steak N Shake about four years ago.  About 4 miles from my house.  Went there when they opened up. And I enjoyed it.  However, we have a Five Guys, and Smashburger much closer to home.  So, I frequent those two more. Just because of location. 

Chik Fil-A even closer to my home than Culver's will be.  Funny that Chick Fil-A moved into the Arby's after Arby's moved across the interstate, about 3 miles from home. Which originally was a Carl's burger joint.... that I liked very much.

IMHO, Arby's makes some very good sandwiches.  However, I still opt out for the traditional beef sandwich, most time.

Still waiting for a White Castle.  Hope against hope. Doubt it will ever happen.  But..... the Crave Burger did open up a store on the strip in Las Vegas a couple of years ago. Demand on the first day was so strong.... they had to close for a few hours, to regroup, and resupply. 

I know nothing about Potbellies. 

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I like Culvers burgers.  Their fries could be better.  I would like them a lot more of they served Coke instead of Pepsi.

I agree with 5fouls on Steak and Shake.  I also like Five Guys and Qdoba.  I'm not sure any of those are classic fast food.

For traditional fast food I like Hardees and Chik Fil A.  I have a four year old so McDonald's has become part of my life again.

When my son was in kindergarten, I had every other Wednesday off.  And our tradition was to go to McDonald's for breakfast before school. We still talk about those days. I never went to Mac D before then. However, I admit I will pick up a burger from them now and again.  If you ever get the chance to see the movie...."The Founder", I recommend it. It's how Ray Krock built McDonald's

Enjoy your time with your four year old.  It goes by fast. 

8 minutes ago, rico said:

LOL....I hear ya!  Another one that is around here is Penguin Point.......nothing like a Big Wally.

Ha Ha.  So funny.  Used to take U.S. 30 to visit relatives in Ohio, when I was in high school.  (decades ago, I might add)  And would stop at the Penguin Point in Warsaw.  If memory serves correctly, they also had frozen custard. 

Just now, milehiiu said:

Ha Ha.  So funny.  Used to take U.S. 30 to visit relatives in Ohio, when I was in high school.  (decades ago, I might add)  And would stop at the Penguin Point in Warsaw.  If memory serves correctly, they also had frozen custard. 

LOL......the chain is based out of Warsaw.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

LOL......the chain is based out of Warsaw.

U.S. 30 at that time was like the old 66 highway.  Two lanes, and did not go around cities. But rather through them.  I can still visualize the Penguin Point in Warsaw in my mind. Going East on 30, it was on the left of the highway.  And once, got there before they opened, and waited for them to open, to enjoy.

Thanks for the memories...... I had long lost past.  But never have forgotten. 

5 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

U.S. 30 at that time was like the old 66 highway.  Two lanes, and did not go around cities. But rather through them.  I can still visualize the Penguin Point in Warsaw in my mind. Going East on 30, it was on the left of the highway.  And once, got there before they opened, and waited for them to open, to enjoy.

Thanks for the memories...... I had long lost past.  But never have forgotten. 

I know what you are saying........there are 3 in Warsaw now.

1 hour ago, rico said:

I know what you are saying........there are 3 in Warsaw now.

It's really good to know that Penguin Point is prospering in you part of the country.  Doubt they will ever go national. Which is ok. I really appreciate your sharing with me.

We have a localized fast food burger chain, here in Colorado.  Has expanded to Wyoming.  And is very good.  Called Good Times.  Not only do they dish up real frozen custard.... but give free frozen custards to dog owners for their dogs.  All one has to do is ask.

Happiness Made to Order | Good Times Burgers & Frozen Custard

11 hours ago, milehiiu said:

It's really good to know that Penguin Point is prospering in you part of the country.  Doubt they will ever go national. Which is ok. I really appreciate your sharing with me.

I wouldn't say they are prospering.  They don't have near as many locations as they once did.  Heck at one time they were into Ohio and Michigan.  But not anymore.  

6 minutes ago, rico said:

I wouldn't say they are prospering.  They don't have near as many locations as they once did.  Heck at one time they were into Ohio and Michigan.  But not anymore.  

Well, back in the day,  I only recall one in Warsaw, and I think I saw one in Goshen as well.  Keep in mind. That was back in the 1960's !

Perhaps I should have said surviving , instead of prospering.... LOL.  Either way, it's good to know they are still around. 

When I first got to Denver, in the early 1970's , there was a local chain of hamburger places that were White Castle knockoffs.  Within a year, they all closed up.

10 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Well, back in the day,  I only recall one in Warsaw, and I think I saw one in Goshen as well.  Keep in mind. That was back in the 1960's !

Perhaps I should have said surviving , instead of prospering.... LOL.  Either way, it's good to know they are still around. 

This is what is left.........

http://www.penguinpoint.com/locations.htm

15 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Five guys is such a good call!

1 hour ago, 68Hoosier said:

Mo's Southwest Grill - Not sure this is fast food since they have no drive up window, but I love this place.

Chick fil-a

No Mo's in Colorado. " Welcome to Mo's !"   I remember that from watching an Undercover Boss episode.  Really think Mo's would have a problem in the Denver metro area, due to the saturation of Mexican restaurants.  Having said that.... Torchy's Tacos, out of Texas,  opened up in Downtown Denver a couple of years ago, during a snowstorm.... and the lines were 2 hours long.  A Torchy's opened close to my house last year.  And there is always a line.

I have always liked Popeye's.  Rarely get it any longer. As the one closest to my house, closed.  And there are none within a reasonable driving distance. Especially with so many other options. 

There were Penguin Points in Ft. Wayne. And, the one in Auburn was recently torched by a disgruntled ex-employee who came to rob the place and found out the manager changed the spot where he hid the cash.

Can't believe no one has said White Castle. When my son was young, he used to say, "dad, I don't feel like chewing tonight. Let's go to White Castles."

Five Guys is the best, closely followed by Culvers. A & W Root Beer stands were always good, back in the day. I am sure that I have a mug somewhere that didn't make it back onto the window tray.

Archived