Favorite fast food restaurant ?

milehiiu

29 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

There were Penguin Points in Ft. Wayne. And, the one in Auburn was recently torched by a disgruntled ex-employee who came to rob the place and found out the manager changed the spot where he hid the cash.

Can't believe no one has said White Castle. When my son was young, he used to say, "dad, I don't feel like chewing tonight. Let's go to White Castles."

Five Guys is the best, closely followed by Culvers. A & W Root Beer stands were always good, back in the day. I am sure that I have a mug somewhere that didn't make it back onto the window tray.

I did mention, earlier that I was waiting for a White Castle to come to Colorado.  Many years ago, I called the HQ at WC to ask if they planned on coming to Colorado. And they told me no.  Because they believe in building stores close to their distribution plants.... and they had no plans on opening up distribution plants in the West.

You can imagine how disturbed I became, when one year and a half back.... White Castle opened up a store in the strip in Las Vegas !

The frozen sliders don't even come close to fresh.  So, over the years, I have been able to come very close to replicating sliders at home.... including five holes in the burger !

Took some time to get it right.  But I can come very close now. 

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

I did mention, earlier that I was waiting for a White Castle to come to Colorado.  Many years ago, I called the HQ at WC to ask if they planned on coming to Colorado. And they told me no.  Because they believe in building stores close to their distribution plants.... and they had no plans on opening up distribution plants in the West.

You can imagine how disturbed I became, when one year and a half back.... White Castle opened up a store in the strip in Las Vegas !

The frozen sliders don't even come close to fresh.  So, over the years, I have been able to come very close to replicating sliders at home.... including five holes in the burger !

Kind of funny or ironic that you mention that mile.  For whatever reason there are no White Castles in my area.  I have to head NW or South.  The little lady and I love those things but there is nothing remotely close.  She has been trying to replicate those things by trying different recipes off the net.  

59 minutes ago, rico said:

Kind of funny or ironic that you mention that mile.  For whatever reason there are no White Castles in my area.  I have to head NW or South.  The little lady and I love those things but there is nothing remotely close.  She has been trying to replicate those things by trying different recipes off the net.  

Key.  Dehydrated onions that you soak.  Then spread out on a griddle. OK if they are wet, in fact more wet than dry is good.  As far as the burgers themselves. Use a rolling pin to get them to the correct thickness. Measure out the size of each burger and make five holes with a wooden stick from a hobby store (straws don't work well, as they get stuck in the meat) .  Then freeze for 1/2 to an hour.  Break the burgers apart and place on the onions.  We have grocery stores that sell slider sized buns.  Place the buns on the meat, like they do at WC.  No need to flip. When done... take off the griddle and enjoy.  Two pickles and ketchup.   Oh. Don't forget to put  salt and pepper on before putting the buns on.   Like I say.... took some hits and misses.  But over time, I think I have it down pat.

On 9/8/2017 at 3:25 PM, milehiiu said:

I did the same with Skyline chili.  Even showed I was willing and able to pay for a franchise in Atlanta.  They said the same thing about keeping their stores within a certain radius around their headquarters; despite the fact they have 3 locations or so down in Florida.  Alas, I have to make semi-frequent trips north to get the goods.

50 minutes ago, Snozzwangers_und_covfefe said:

I did the same with Skyline chili.  Even showed I was willing and able to pay for a franchise in Atlanta.  They said the same thing about keeping their stores within a certain radius around their headquarters; despite the fact they have 3 locations or so down in Florida.  Alas, I have to make semi-frequent trips north to get the goods.

Over a dozen years back, Skyline opened up a store close to my house, here in the South Suburbs of Denver.  I loved it.  Sadly, it lasted just a year, before closing.

^^^  Never been to an In and Out.  Need to make it to Vegas.  There is one in the new Linq walkway.  In fact, just around the corner from the White Castle. Not sure I could do both in one day.  Would have to spend a couple of days, and go for lunch each day.  LOL

As far as hot dog stands.  Tons of 'em in Chicago.  Chicago Style Hot Dogs !   UMMMh.

Getting up in age now.  But always wanted to try "Pinks" in L.A.  Not sure if I will make that one. 

The mention of Penguin Point made me laugh.  My dad loved eating at that place.  The greasy krinkle cut fries.  We had one in Huntington as I was growing up.  

Chick-Fil-A,Wendy's and Sonic are my fave fast food.

Qdoba and Jake's Wayback Burgers are prob my fave fast-casual.

Chili's or the Greene Turtle are usually are go to for sit-down/waitstaff service dining. 

They are opening a Checkers (same thing as Rally's) near me.  I'm looking forward to some yummy seasoned fries!  

I don't know if it's considered fast food (more fast casual), but Yat's is one of my favorites (Cajun-Creole style), but it's not that well known.  I usually hit the hole in the wall taco places for my grab n go, but love me some Popeye's!  Natty- the chicken and waffles at Chili's are awesome, but they're cutting 50+ items from their menu! 

On 9/8/2017 at 1:49 PM, Jerry Lundergaard said:

There were Penguin Points in Ft. Wayne. And, the one in Auburn was recently torched by a disgruntled ex-employee who came to rob the place and found out the manager changed the spot where he hid the cash.

Can't believe no one has said White Castle. When my son was young, he used to say, "dad, I don't feel like chewing tonight. Let's go to White Castles."

Five Guys is the best, closely followed by Culvers. A & W Root Beer stands were always good, back in the day. I am sure that I have a mug somewhere that didn't make it back onto the window tray.

Good call.  Dad says I was a big A & W guy when I was a little kid, but I really do not remember the food.  I may...be dating myself lol

13 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Good call.  Dad says I was a big A & W guy when I was a little kid, but I really do not remember the food.  I may...be dating myself lol

I don't think of  A & W for their food., either.   However, what always stuck in my mind was their fantastic Root Beer. And Root Beer floats. Especially on a hot and humid summer night in North West Indiana. 

6 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Is that still a BK root beer stand?  I remember going down there as a kid (still A&W).  Good times.

The last time I went through there(which I couldn't tell you how many years ago),  A BK had taken over the old A&W.  But there was an A&W out on US 24.  I just don't get down that way anymore.

Archived