Sneakers

Well we are in the "off-season" so we need to find other things to talk about.  How about basketball shoes?  LOL

So some of you know that I played for a HoF coach in HS.  He had a rule(well he had many) concerning foot wear.  We all had to wear the same shoe.  Every year before the season we would have a meeting and the guys voted on what they wanted to wear.  Majority ruled.  So this was my sneaker array through 4 years of high school.

Freshman Yr.------Adidas "Pro-models"

Soph. Yr.------Converse "Pro-Star"

Jr. Yr.------Asics "Tigers"

Sr. Yr.-----Pony*

The * represents that half-way through the year we switched to Adidas "Top Tens"..........Pony sucked!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think we were always white high-top Adidas in basketball - Usually a set would last you a season - practice and games

Pony in football- black- we had 'game shoes' which were collected and cleaned after every game, we had pretty much the same shoes for three years! Practice cleats - you supplied your own, though i know our coach secretly bought many practice shoes for low income families.

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

had a pair of al white with the kanagroo logo in blue. Later went to just ROOS I believe

LOL...hopefully no teams actually used them on the floor although you could keep your vending machine change in the zippered pockets.

Converse is out of business, right?  I wore them because Larry did back in the day.  They were actually a nice basketball shoe.  My ankles always felt great.  I assume Pony is gone too.

My wife swears by Asics for working out but I am drawing a blank on ever getting them for basketball.  

I have been an adidas guy for like 20 years but recently picked up two pairs of Nikes because I liked how they look.  I still consider myself an Adidas guy.

14 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Converse is out of business, right?  I wore them because Larry did back in the day.  They were actually a nice basketball shoe.  My ankles always felt great.  I assume Pony is gone too.

My wife swears by Asics for working out but I am drawing a blank on ever getting them for basketball.  

I have been an adidas guy for like 20 years but recently picked up two pairs of Nikes because I liked how they look.  I still consider myself an Adidas guy.

My son's college is an Under Armor school so thats our allegiance for now. 

Archived