Who are you going to miss next year?

Lots of IU legacy departing this year, who are you going to miss?

Collin Hartman

Tim Priller

Rob Johnson

Josh Newkirk

Freddie McSwain Jr

For me, one of my favorite players this year, partly because I love the undersized underdog aspect, but also because he filled a huge hole in the team was Freddie. Can't tell you how much I enjoyed him making MSU's burger boy and now NBA early entrant disappear, with his 8 points and 16 rebounds! I, and I think IU will miss him dearly next year!

To bad he doesn't have a couple more years here to develop his defensive and rebounding instincts into an actual basketball player! Hopefully he will get a look at some G league or such and continue to develop! 

I thought Freddie improved tremendously from the beginning of the season to the end.  I attribute that to the system and coaching.  Too bad he couldn't have had a couple of years under this staff.  I get the impression he wishes he could play another year, too.

Rob and Josh both had good games and bad but overall were never consistent enough to make their departures painful.  I missed Hartman this past season.  Due to the plethora of injuries he was probably the most disappointing player this past season.

I hope they all find success in whatever endeavors they pursue in life.

Not much to miss in that group.  I liked Hartman the most out of any of them, but with all the injuries he was a total non-factor the last two seasons.  Freddie definitely maxed out his talent last year, which was fun to see, but he’s replaceable.  Priller was always good for a laugh I guess.  And as far as Newkirk and Johnson... If anyone can think of a more disappointing senior guard duo in IU history, I’d like to hear it.

12 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Not much to miss in that group.  I liked Hartman the most out of any of them, but with all the injuries he was a total non-factor the last two seasons.  Freddie definitely maxed out his talent last year, which was fun to see, but he’s replaceable.  Priller was always good for a laugh I guess.  And as far as Newkirk and Johnson... If anyone can think of a more disappointing senior guard duo in IU history, I’d like to hear it.

That last sentence resonates in my brain.  Disappointing is an understatement.

Rob’s D, again ignored above, is going to be missed. Rob did not become the all star  lead guard that would’ve taken the team maybe a bit further, but he was exceptional defensively and still good offensively, we were missing a real power guard with Rob as a second option, and frankly that really isn’t on him, it’s how the team was built. 

On 4/7/2018 at 10:08 PM, Drroogh said:

Lots of IU legacy departing this year, who are you going to miss?

Collin Hartman

Tim Priller

Rob Johnson

Josh Newkirk

Freddie McSwain Jr

For me, one of my favorite players this year, partly because I love the undersized underdog aspect, but also because he filled a huge hole in the team was Freddie. Can't tell you how much I enjoyed him making MSU's burger boy and now NBA early entrant disappear, with his 8 points and 16 rebounds! I, and I think IU will miss him dearly next year!

To bad he doesn't have a couple more years here to develop his defensive and rebounding instincts into an actual basketball player! Hopefully he will get a look at some G league or such and continue to develop! 

I'm with youy on Freddie. Watching him delvelop during the year was a pleasure. 

Archived