Dominate college players to the NBA

23 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I think this is fair. He did have a good NBA career, definitely not a wash out by any stretch, but fair to say underwhelming considering how dominant he was at IU.

still one of my favorite IU players though 

Oh hell yeah.  Cal was a beast at IU.  But his NBA career kind of mirrors Tisdale's.  To be honest, I think Cal just got drafted by the wrong team.  That is another topic.

7 hours ago, rico said:

Oh hell yeah.  Cal was a beast at IU.  But his NBA career kind of mirrors Tisdale's.  To be honest, I think Cal just got drafted by the wrong team.  That is another topic.

I don’t think the team was the problem, they had the beginnings of a nice core in DC. Problem for Cheaney was that he could never make the leap from the college three point line to the NBA three point line. For some guys that extra couple feet makes all the difference and he never made the adjustment. 

10 hours ago, Tiz10 said:

Donyell Marshall from UCONN in the late 90's comes to mind.

Christian Laettner never really did much aside from the Dream Team.

Chris Wilcox seemed much better in college than against NBA talent.

Could Jared Jeffries qualify to be on this list?

not neccesarily Dominant players but very good college players in their own right.

Depends on what you mean by “never did much”. Marshall and Laettner were very good NBA players. Laettner never lived up to his college hype, but he was a 16-19ppg guy for several years and did make an All-Star game, and Marshall was a very coveted role player for a long time. 

8 hours ago, rico said:

That's a good point, really. Getting into the right situation can be the difference - just look at Vic and how he's doing now with the Pacers, after a poor season next to ball dominant Westbrook and an up and down and overall lackluster time in Orlando, which was going through coaching and roster changes. The right fit is important.

2 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

That's a good point, really. Getting into the right situation can be the difference - just look at Vic and how he's doing now with the Pacers, after a poor season next to ball dominant Westbrook and an up and down and overall lackluster time in Orlando, which was going through coaching and roster changes. The right fit is important.

You said it better than I did, TY.  But yeah that is what I was saying.  I understand what B was saying above, and I don't dispute it but I just feel Cal would have been better off somewhere else.

Archived