Devonte evaluation

http://www.news-sentinel.com/sports/2018/04/09/indiana-basketball-postseason-coach-up-devonte-green/

This is written by the same guy who has been criticized here for poor journalism. He has periodically put out these articles as a way of summing up the season, as well as capturing some of Archie's thoughts about the player going forward.

As Devonte has been the subject of some conjecture regarding his future as a Hoosier, thought this was a good article to highlight how he is being viewed. Especially telling to me are the comments about Phinisee being brought in to push him if he doesn't improve

1 hour ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

http://www.news-sentinel.com/sports/2018/04/09/indiana-basketball-postseason-coach-up-devonte-green/

This is written by the same guy who has been criticized here for poor journalism. He has periodically put out these articles as a way of summing up the season, as well as capturing some of Archie's thoughts about the player going forward.

As Devonte has been the subject of some conjecture regarding his future as a Hoosier, thought this was a good article to highlight how he is being viewed. Especially telling to me are the comments about Phinisee being brought in to push him if he doesn't improve

IMO, that was a good piece.  About time the guy wrote something decent.

This is one of the guys I'd particularly like to see take a leap in the off season and I speak of a leap withIN the program.  Nothing more frustrating than seeing that stretch in late January/early February that showed what he was capable of, only to see Devonte backslide at the end of the season.  The kid literally has the talent to play professionally, but he's got to start listening to his coaches and harnessing that talent.  I hope he does, because if he does, I see a couple of monster years coming.

...and yeah...considering some of the earlier garbage this guy submitted for publishing...good article.

Archived