Kansas named in probe

Reading over the FBI report sounds like it was Josh Jackson and Silvio De Sousa. I looked and he had a 100% CB prediction to go to Maryland. It mentioned that a player wanted to attend a school at a rival shoe company (which I assumed was Under Armour) but was steered to go to KU.

Not good for them since that would they would have to vacate all those wins from this year and Josh Jackson's year.

I can hardly wait until the FBI, starts turning loose with evidence and the real A team comes in and starts going after the greedy ones with their hands out demanding things to sway an impressionable high school player one way or the other! After all it was the IRS that took down Al Capone! As long as there are family members and handlers holding their hands out this will never end! Both sides of these money exchanges are guilty of defrauding athletics overall!

I think this is really helpful for us in regards to landing Romeo due to the timing, but I don’t think anything will happen to Kansas in the long term.  The new indictment explicitly states that Gatto and the parents/guardians taking money were “defrauding” the university, and delusional KU fans are already latching onto that to claim that the staff had “absolutely no idea!!!”  That claim is so ridiculous I don’t know how you could even say it with a straight face, but I’m willing to bet Kansas has enough plausible deniability here to avoid any real trouble.  At most, they may have to vacate the games that De Sousa played in this year because he was ineligible.  But I’m not even sure the NCAA will go that far.  

28 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I think this is really helpful for us in regards to landing Romeo due to the timing, but I don’t think anything will happen to Kansas in the long term.  The new indictment explicitly states that Gatto and the parents/guardians taking money were “defrauding” the university, and delusional KU fans are already latching onto that to claim that the staff had “absolutely no idea!!!”  That claim is so ridiculous I don’t know how you could even say it with a straight face, but I’m willing to bet Kansas has enough plausible deniability here to avoid any real trouble.  At most, they may have to vacate the games that De Sousa played in this year because he was ineligible.  But I’m not even sure the NCAA will go that far.  

I don't think anything will happen to KU either. No one on the staff is mentioned and not sure if they have any evidence that suggests Josh himself knew of any payments either. NC State is screwed though. Literally caught the head coach getting involved. 

4 hours ago, rico said:

The comment section on that article is a comedy goldmine.  My favorite thus far is a person with a UK avatar claiming that Kansas is the dirtiest program in history.  I'd say that guy needs to have a 'pot' for his avatar.

13 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Dead on

7 hours ago, AkronHoosier said:

It’s De Sousa who committed in August, and Marcus Garrett who signed on November 9th, 2016.

In August 2017, the indictment alleges, the second Kansas player's legal guardian informed the consultant that the player had received illicit payments to attend a school sponsored by one of Adidas' rivals. The guardian told the consultant that the student-athlete was more interested in attending Kansas, but would need to repay payments from the rival apparel company in order to do so.

The second player is De Sousa if I'm reading that right. Does anybody know which 'adidas rival school' was also recruiting him? 

Archived