Brandon Dawkins

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

In looking at his stats, looks like he’s a good runner but not a great passer. I feel like teams will load up in the box and dare him to beat them with his arm. 

and I feel like I hope they do that because there aren't too many teams that can cover Westbrook and Hale M-t-M... let alone Whop and Timian. There's only so many defenders... he completed 61% of his passes last season. 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

and I feel like I hope they do that because there aren't too many teams that can cover Westbrook and Hale M-t-M... let alone Whop and Timian. There's only so many defenders... he completed 61% of his passes last season. 

True but he only threw it 114 times in 7 games. The year before he only completed 54% of his passes with 70 more attempts. Not a huge sample size. Will be interesting to see. 

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

True but he only threw it 114 times in 7 games. The year before he only completed 54% of his passes with 70 more attempts. Not a huge sample size. Will be interesting to see. 

we just got a whole lot better at the QB position and a crazy amount more athletic. 

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

I called it.  Last Saturday, I told you guys in the Juan Harris thread to keep an eye out for the QB position.  Does not solve all the problems, but is a step in the right direction.

You called it? or someone passed you along info that they thought Dawkins would commit to us? 

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Fair enough. What position groups do you like and which ones are a work in progress?

DL is a work in progress... although Robinson is solidified there, and Stallings came on late. LBers are probably the biggest work in progress. 

Our safeties are as talented as we've ever had... thought 2 of them are inexperienced. 

WRs are loaded as are the RBs. OL should be solid, not great, not bad... need to stay healthy unlike the last two years. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

DL is a work in progress... although Robinson is solidified there, and Stallings came on late. LBers are probably the biggest work in progress. 

Our safeties are as talented as we've ever had... thought 2 of them are inexperienced. 

WRs are loaded as are the RBs. OL should be solid, not great, not bad... need to stay healthy unlike the last two years. 

Something different with the RB’s this year? Seemed like they weren’t great last year but maybe I’m misremembering. Agree re your WR group. 

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Something different with the RB’s this year? Seemed like they weren’t great last year but maybe I’m misremembering. Agree re your WR group. 

Projecting... Ellison, Walker, and Gest should be a very good group. Brookins in spot mins. 

35 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

What I really LOVE about this Quarterback is only 12 INTERCEPTIONS in TWENTY TWO GAMES !! Totally friggin Awesome !! I guess he will be in IU's spring football game this Saturday ?

Don't think he graduates until May. Not sure he can do anything until then. 

35 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

What I really LOVE about this Quarterback is only 12 INTERCEPTIONS in TWENTY TWO GAMES !! Totally friggin Awesome !! I guess he will be in IU's spring football game this Saturday ?

what's funny... as a JR (when you pretended that Lagow was an awful QB) he had an INT percentage of 3.88%.... you pretend that Dawkins does not throw many INTs but his INT % is 3.59%, so which is it HTD? 

Either both throw a lot of INTs, or they both don't, or they are both in the middle. 

Archived