Brandon Dawkins

33 minutes ago, FWIUFan said:

I just don't understand the need or desire to denigrate any of our former players. I believe we are fans to uphold those who represent our institution.  What possible good can denegrating those who do come to IU accomplish. I appreciate all the young men who come to IU to play sports.  I thank Mr. Lagow for coming to IU and his contributions to the IUFB team..  All off us would have desired a better outcome to the season.  To seemingly lay all the problems on this one young man is foolish, petty, and childish.  FB is a team sport just as is BB.  There were plenty of reasons the FB team had it's problems--OL line, no running attack, injuries and even some of the play calling.to name a few.  I believe Mf. Lagow represented IUFB to the best of his ability.  He also is a class young man with the character I desire of those representing IU. I wish him only the best in his future and am proud to have had him on our FB team.  Good luck and God bless Mr. Lagow.

Exactly. And then to constantly, purposely misspell his last name.. smh. Sort of embarrassing he is an IU fan. The fact that Dawkins is a good football player has nothing to do with Lagow. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't understand the bashing of Lagow in this thread.  Sure, he wasn't an all-american QB, most D1 QB's aren't.  But I have no doubt that he gave his best effort for IU on the field and did the best he could with his talent and the talent around him.  We fans aren't at practice everyday and aren't at the team and coaches meetings, if you don't believe that the coaches put the players on the field that they believe give us the best chance of winning I don't know what to tell you.  If you believe there was a better option than Lagow on the roster then you should be bashing the coaching decisions, not the players they put on the field.  Besides all that, he did nothing to embarrass IU off the field, and actually from everything I read and heard you should be proud that he was a Hoosier.

As for Dawkins, I am excited to see what he brings to this team and believe that he will be the starter this fall.  Regardless of whether or not he starts, I hope that his experience and knowledge will be something that Ramsey and Penix can learn from.

There are a lot of reasons for fans to be optimistic about this program right now, hopefully it pans out down the road.  But either way, I will continue to root for IU and support the coaches and players who choose to represent this university.

I think any IN football fan is entitled to have their own opinion and I am basing my opinions on my 70 years of being a Hoosier Fan ? I did not misspell Lagow's name on purpose ! I am in my late 70's and I am still trying to learn how to use this damn tablet ! I meant no disrespect to Richard Laqow ! In comparing Lagow to all of the IN quarterbacks that I have seen play for the Hoosiers , I  would rate Lagow near the bottom ! That is my honest opinion ! I feel that I've got the right to express my opinion as any other IU Fan !!!!

10 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

I think any IN football fan is entitled to have their own opinion and I am basing my opinions on my 70 years of being a Hoosier Fan ? I did not misspell Lagow's name on purpose ! I am in my late 70's and I am still trying to learn how to use this damn tablet ! I meant no disrespect to Richard Laqow ! In comparing Lagow to all of the IN quarterbacks that I have seen play for the Hoosiers , I  would rate Lagow near the bottom ! That is my honest opinion ! I feel that I've got the right to express my opinion as any other IU Fan !!!!

Sure you can have your opinion.  I just disagree with said opinion.

7 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

I think any IN football fan is entitled to have their own opinion and I am basing my opinions on my 70 years of being a Hoosier Fan ?

But you can't just throw INT rate out of the picture when talking about it... They literally throw the same amount of INTs per throw. There is no difference... at all. 

Dawkins is a much, much better player.... he ISN'T a much better passer.... not even close. It's the ground that is the difference... and no Lagow isn't the worse QB we've had. 

Just to let Richard Lagow fans know that I do not hate Richard ,I would like to point out that despite only playing for IU for two seasons , Richard is Eighth in passing yardage , career ! I just hated those 25 ints. & lack of fishing yards ( by Richard) ! He did some good things for IU ( Just not enough , imho !!? Somehow I the in Rushing and it shows up in the text as fishing ??????

Just now, hoosiertildeath said:

Just to let Richard Lagow fans know that I do not hate Richard ,I would like to point out that despite only playing for IU for two seasons , Richard is Eighth in passing yardage , career ! I just hated those 25 ints. & lack of fishing yards ( by Richard) ! He did some good things for IU ( Just not enough , imho !!?

We aren't Lagow fans. 

1 minute ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Just to let Richard Lagow fans know that I do not hate Richard ,I would like to point out that despite only playing for IU for two seasons , Richard is Eighth in passing yardage , career ! I just hated those 25 ints. & lack of fishing yards ( by Richard) ! He did some good things for IU ( Just not enough , imho !!?

The issue was much more the type of OL he had. If you play 8 possessions a game and turn it over on 3 of them, that's the same as having 6 TO's in a 16 possession game. It's all about the rate. 

Archived