Morgan withdraws from NBA draft

5 hours ago, BGleas said:

Agree. Though one note on Allen, not that it really matters to the discussion, but he would have been a much more rounded player if not for all the knee injuries his first few years. 

Roberson? Can’t shoot,doesn’t score much, but one of the best defenders in the game and makes the Thunder much, much better when he’s playing

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/11/2018 at 10:19 PM, IUwins0708 said:

Travis Henry says Hello!!!😂

Completely off topic here, but I played high school football against Travis Henry. The guy was an animal!! I played for Sebring and he was at Frostproof. He was literally all that they had, but rushed for nearly 450 yards against us... BUT we still got the W. That was a high scoring game!

14 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I'll disagree on Rodmon.  If his rebounding was not historically great, maybe the best of all time, I do not think he sticks in the league on his defense alone.

This is an interesting question. Especially with the distractions he created, and the fact he was on teams with jordan/pippen, and isiah thomas. Read an article awhile back of the worst offensive players ever, and he made the list.

We are getting pretty close to the deadline, which I have no idea what that means as far as Morgan. I assume if he was going to go into the draft he would have announced by now. Anyone, 0708, still hearing he will be coming back? Thanks!

18 minutes ago, Iuprof said:

We are getting pretty close to the deadline, which I have no idea what that means as far as Morgan. I assume if he was going to go into the draft he would have announced by now. Anyone, 0708, still hearing he will be coming back? Thanks!

If he feels like he is not guaranteed to get drafted, he will be coming back. So I think it's a safe bet that he will be coming back, cause he's not getting drafted.

25 minutes ago, HoagieRoll said:

Didn't he already sign a lease for next year in bloomington? Obviously that doesn't mean he can't move on, but at least gives us some peace of mind until he makes his decision haha

He could lease it out to someone else which is what happen to my daughter this past year.  The roommate she was supposed to have had signed a lease but she decided not to come back so she leased it out to someone else.

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

He could lease it out to someone else which is what happen to my daughter this past year.  The roommate she was supposed to have had signed a lease but she decided not to come back so she leased it out to someone else.

That depends. My residential lease agreement specifically prohibited sub-leasing. Most landlords at least reserve right of approval.  Otherwise you have zero control over what kind of tenant you end up with.

18 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

That depends. My residential lease agreement specifically prohibited sub-leasing. Most landlords at least reserve right of approval.  Otherwise you have zero control over what kind of tenant you end up with.

This is right, you can't just sub-lease without the right or Landlord/University agreement. 

18 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Juwan will be back, Carsen looking like he’s leaving....

Tough call to leave but I actually understand it. He isn't ever going to be a first round choice. Start the clock early and see if you can impress someone enough to get some guarantees for part of the year or a full year. Similar to Yogi what had to deal with. Plus if he does come back a couple of negatives could happen. Injury and opposing teams making him the focus of their defense. Numbers could take a tumble.

24 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Juwan will be back, Carsen looking like he’s leaving....

I told the some of the PU not to be shocked if Edwards left because he probably doesn't want to come back for a rebuild.  I gave the example for Florida after the won back to back championships and lost 4 starters.  Torean Green was not ready for the NBA and shouldn't have left but did because all the other starters left.  I still think Edwards would be better off coming back and prove he has point guard skills but some players don't appear to care if they are ready or not.

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Tough call to leave but I actually understand it. He isn't ever going to be a first round choice. Start the clock early and see if you can impress someone enough to get some guarantees for part of the year or a full year. Similar to Yogi what had to deal with. Plus if he does come back a couple of negatives could happen. Injury and opposing teams making him the focus of their defense. Numbers could take a tumble.

See this is what I don't understand why would you leave college if you are not going to be drafted and give up your eligibility to play in the G-league.  To me if you leave early because you are afraid  that the NBA will find faults in your game then you are not every going to be good enough.  If you have those faults in your game they will find them even if you leave early and will be out of the league in a year or two.

Archived