Morgan withdraws from NBA draft

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Doesn’t seem like a good sign that he’s working out so close to the deadline to withdraw...

I kind of take it in another direction.  Just trying to get all his information, even last minute, as to make himself a lottery pick, after this upcoming season.  He was offered. And took up the offer.  Never bad to get more information as to how to make it to the NBA.  If not this year... than the next.  I still feel he'll be back.

20 minutes ago, Coach1K said:

I saw where Kevin Huerter had a workout today with the LA Lakers along with a few other prospects. 

As much as I love ya Jackie.  And could get past your Duke posts.  However, with this post... I feel you have finally "Jumped the Shark"..

Time to come back home to IU... Jackie.    Be like Fred. You know what is right to do.

Just got back from three day work trip and caught on up this thread. Thanks for those contributing.

I'm really hoping Juwan (and those around him) don't bite on whatever interest NBA teams may throw his way. Teams always bait certain kids with hopes they can field them as free agents when they don't go in the second round. Hopefully he decides he can use this last season at IU to put himself on a national stage and show enough improve for a team to be unable to pass him up in round 2. Not a bad situation for a high performing senior to be able to work their way onto a team. 

51 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Doesn't seem like a bad sign either. Seems like he is getting as much work and feedback as he can  

19 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Getting as many opportunities as he can; nothing wrong with that.

Definitely nothing wrong with it.  Just don’t think it’s a good sign from the perspective of a selfish IU fan that wants him to come back.  Doesn’t seem to square up with him having already told the coaching staff he’s returning, as some have said.  But then again, the timing may well mean nothing.  We’ll find out next week.

1 hour ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Definitely nothing wrong with it.  Just don’t think it’s a good sign from the perspective of a selfish IU fan that wants him to come back.  Doesn’t seem to square up with him having already told the coaching staff he’s returning, as some have said.  But then again, the timing may well mean nothing.  We’ll find out next week.

I agree it isnt a good sign. I just dont think it's a sign at all. Even if he has made up his mind one way or the other, he should absolutely get as much feedback as he can.

Assuming that he is coming back. Wouldn't it be a good thing for him to hone his skills against better competition than he'd most likely see in Bloomington?

Archived