Morgan withdraws from NBA draft

59 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I agree it isnt a good sign. I just dont think it's a sign at all. Even if he has made up his mind one way or the other, he should absolutely get as much feedback as he can.

You could be right.  Just doesn’t seem like a team would be working someone out this close to the deadline if he had already made up his mind about coming back, but I don’t know really know how the timeline of the process goes.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

You could be right.  Just doesn’t seem like a team would be working someone out this close to the deadline if he had already made up his mind about coming back, but I don’t know really know how the timeline of the process goes.

It’s actually normal, I wouldn’t read anything into it

Hope he's returning. If he leaves I'll wish him good luck and add his name to the list of kids leaving IU early that had no business doing so. Given a down Big 10 next year again....Morgan coming back would be huge. Of course if he leaves. Will be another example of where it looks like IU is ready to take a step forward and those steps will be put on hold again until the kids mature.

40 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Hope he's returning. If he leaves I'll wish him good luck and add his name to the list of kids leaving IU early that had no business doing so. Given a down Big 10 next year again....Morgan coming back would be huge. Of course if he leaves. Will be another example of where it looks like IU is ready to take a step forward and those steps will be put on hold again until the kids mature.

I hope he returns as well.
The next part of your statement seems contradictory.  If he leaves, you are going to wish him luck, then say that you will add his name to the list of kids leaving IU early that had no business doing so.  Wishing him luck, I think that would mean doing big things in the NBA, which would be great for IU, Juwan fans, and Juwan himself.
Maybe my wishing him luck is different from yours.

1 hour ago, PoHoosier said:

I hope he returns as well.
The next part of your statement seems contradictory.  If he leaves, you are going to wish him luck, then say that you will add his name to the list of kids leaving IU early that had no business doing so.  Wishing him luck, I think that would mean doing big things in the NBA, which would be great for IU, Juwan fans, and Juwan himself.
Maybe my wishing him luck is different from yours.

Contradictory? No. It's ok to have and work both sides of the brain. I'll wish him well in one sense for him personally....and on the other side my selfishness for IU wants him to return for us to benefit from. 2 different compartments. 2 reasons. 

26 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Contradictory? No. It's ok to have and work both sides of the brain. I'll wish him well in one sense for him personally....and on the other side my selfishness for IU wants him to return for us to benefit from. 2 different compartments. 2 reasons. 

If it makes sense for him to leave, he has business doing so. It’s  not really up to you. 

I hope it’s a big day for IU fans meaning he chooses to return to the IU bb team for one more yr.  I can’t imagine a player outside the top 100 would even consider staying but I also thought Cody and Vonleah needed one more yr and turns out they did.  $ conquers rational decisions these days.

24 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

I hope it’s a big day for IU fans meaning he chooses to return to the IU bb team for one more yr.  I can’t imagine a player outside the top 100 would even consider staying but I also thought Cody and Vonleah needed one more yr and turns out they did.  $ conquers rational decisions these days.

Neither needed another year at IU. That is a myth IU fans have created. You further yourself the most (when you're in Vonleh and Zellers position) when you are in the NBA. Morgan is completely different from those 2. 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Neither needed another year at IU. That is a myth IU fans have created. You further yourself the most (when you're in Vonleh and Zellers position) when you are in the NBA. Morgan is completely different from those 2. 

I don’t consider D League being in the NBA but only Cody is having some success to back up your statement about neither needing another yr.  Regardless, Can’t help but imagine if both these guys stayed just one more yr!  

10 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

If it makes sense for him to leave, he has business doing so. It’s  not really up to you. 

Isn't this a message board? If so, then who cares if it's not up to him. Opinions are a huge part of this board and he has every right to express his. He wasn't insenuating that the decision was up to him, just stating he felt he would be better off from a success standpoint if he stayed another year at IU, rather than possibly go undrafted and end up in the G League or overseas.

24 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

I don’t consider D League being in the NBA but only Cody is having some success to back up your statement about neither needing another yr.  Regardless, Can’t help but imagine if both these guys stayed just one more yr!  

Developmentally the NBA is far superior than college is my only point. 

Theres nothing college could have done more to expand their games than the NBA could. 

21 minutes ago, T-Free20 said:

Isn't this a message board? If so, then who cares if it's not up to him. Opinions are a huge part of this board and he has every right to express his. He wasn't insenuating that the decision was up to him, just stating he felt he would be better off from a success standpoint if he stayed another year at IU, rather than possibly go undrafted and end up in the G League or overseas.

And I have every right to say that he’s wrong for saying Morgan has no business deciding to leave school when Juwan is the only person who knows what his goals in life are. See how that works?

Archived