Morgan withdraws from NBA draft

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I've always thought he was coming back but I don't like this last minute announcement.  I figured we would've known a week ago.

Why not wait until the last minute? What’s he got to lose? He’s trying to gain all the info he can before making a very important decision. 

Just now, IUwins0708 said:

Why not wait until the last minute? What’s he got to lose? He’s trying to gain all the info he can before making a very important decision. 

I think the important thing to consider is where will he be when he makes the Tweet? Let's hope he has geolocation turned on. If he is on campus I feel good, if he is at an off-campus apartment I'd say he is out the door. 

5 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I think the important thing to consider is where will he be when he makes the Tweet? Let's hope he has geolocation turned on. If he is on campus I feel good, if he is at an off-campus apartment I'd say he is out the door. 

What if he is at Walmart?

He could be buying school supplies, or car care products for a new vehicle.  

9 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

The tweet is gonna tell us whether he is staying or leaving anyway, so his location won't matter lol

9 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

The tweet is gonna tell us whether he is staying or leaving anyway, so his location won't matter lol

You would think, but I really the location he tweets from is more important than the words he says. You can't believe people anymore, especially things put out on social media. 

22 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

You would think, but I really the location he tweets from is more important than the words he says. You can't believe people anymore, especially things put out on social media. 

I'm not sure why the location matters still. His post is either going to say he's staying for one more year or leaving/thanking IU staff and fans for all the support. Also, reporters can easily find out if players take their name out of the draft/ forgo their eligibility.

47 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

What if he is at Walmart?

He could be buying school supplies, or car care products for a new vehicle.  

I would think that the local Taco Bell would be the logical place to post his announcement 

:coffee:

56 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

I'm not sure why the location matters still. His post is either going to say he's staying for one more year or leaving/thanking IU staff and fans for all the support. Also, reporters can easily find out if players take their name out of the draft/ forgo their eligibility.

There's one rule in real estate and I think it applies here. 

I think Morgan's leadership is the most important part of next year's team. We need that Jr-Sr player that leads on and off the court.  With his return, I believe that the timeline for elite level success(if there is going to be one) has shorted by at least two years.

As an IU fan, I'm thrilled for obvious reasons.  Now, I hope it works out well for the young man.  The big question is whether what we are trying to do as a team still allows him to work on the aspects of his game that the NBA told him needed work/

Archived