Morgan withdraws from NBA draft

23 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

And I have every right to say that he’s wrong for saying Morgan has no business deciding to leave school when Juwan is the only person who knows what his goals in life are. See how that works?

I have every right to say you're wrong, which you are. See how that works?

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

The one downside of this is there may not be much to complain about on the board.... 

Oh we will find something to gripe about. Sooner than later ha. Let me help 

1980-1990s was the greatest NBA era if you disagree you must not have watched it :)

Guessing T-Free20 misinterpreted an earlier post...or the light bulbs aren't screwed on all the way :coffee:

Big news for us IU fans though. As for on-court impact next year, this was just as big as the hyped up Romeo decision IMO (Recruiting impact a little different story). Congrats Juwan, let's get back in the gym so you can show off some hardware before you walk out as a great Hoosier!

Possible we have 2 All Big Ten first team selections. 

Bottom line Smith takes a solid jump. 

Green finds more consistency. 

One of Thompson, Moore, or Forrester provide 10-15mins a night of solid play. 

Not worried about RP or McRoberts so I didn't mention them. Those 3 things happen that I mentioned I believe we're a top 15 team. We have nice balance and we have a damn good coach. 

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Not worried about RP or McRoberts so I didn't mention them. Those 3 things happen that I mentioned I believe we're a top 15 team. We have nice balance and we have a damn good coach. 

Morgan HAS to stay healthy. The most important thing of all. 

8 hours ago, btownqb said:

Smith has supposedly been playing extremely well this summer. Thompson has also been mentioned as a standout. 

21 minutes ago, hoosierBGH said:

Smith has supposedly been playing extremely well this summer. Thompson has also been mentioned as a standout. 

This SUMMER?  My calendar still says May.  First the damn rooster on the farm across the street is crowing at 1o'clock in the morning.  Now, I think its May, when it's actually summer.  Next thing I know, someone is going to tell me it's not 2005 any longer.  :panic:  

10 hours ago, 5fouls said:

As an IU fan, I'm thrilled for obvious reasons.  Now, I hope it works out well for the young man.  The big question is whether what we are trying to do as a team still allows him to work on the aspects of his game that the NBA told him needed work/

High pick and roll options should be unlimited with Morgan/Romeo. I'm not saying Juwan is the next Draymond Green but I would think showing/highlighting high pick and roll with Romeo (or others like Green/RP) would be very attractive to most NBA teams. 

46 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

This SUMMER?  My calendar still says May.  First the damn rooster on the farm across the street is crowing at 1o'clock in the morning.  Now, I think its May, when it's actually summer.  Next thing I know, someone is going to tell me it's not 2005 any longer.  :panic:  

Well here in Indiana it sure feels like summer with the most 80 degree days in May in history.

34 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Our take on what the Morgan announcement means for the expectations for the 2018-19 season.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/with-juwan-morgans-return-the-expectations-just-skyrocketed-in-bloomington/

As usual, I love the writing and the research. I am just always a little reticent to be overly rah-rah until I see ACTUAL translation of effect on the court. I have a really good feeling about this upcoming season and beyond, but I did so too in he past.

I remain hopeful yet cautiously optimistic. I just want to be impressed, not disappointed. 

Great to have Juwan back! 

With Juwan coming back my early prediction for starting five is:

Phinisee

Romeo

Juwan

De'ron 

Justin Smith or Hunter or Thompson (good problem to have) 

With Race Thompson, Jerome Hunter and Devonte Green being first off the bench. 

3 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Great to have Juwan back! 

With Juwan coming back my early prediction for starting five is:

Phinisee

Romeo

Juwan

De'ron 

Justin Smith or Hunter or Thompson (good problem to have) 

With Race Thompson, Jerome Hunter and Devonte Green being first off the bench. 

As heralded as the incoming class is, I don't see a starting backcourt of two freshmen. I think Romeo starts from day 1, but Rob will come off the bench. He'll get a chance to earn playing time, but I would hope that a kid who has been here for two years has progressed enough that he is the starter.

Archived