Morgan withdraws from NBA draft

Just now, IU Scott said:

Semester has been over for 3 weeks so I would have thought we would have heard by now.  Also kids are in for summer workouts and the freshman should be arriving soon so if you were transferring you would want to pick a new school ASAP.

Guys have transferred later than May. I hope he doesn't and grows his game over the summer, but we are not past possible transfers yet.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I think it was more about lacking a legit elite point guard. Rob was an elite defender, and finished in the top 25 in program history as a scorer. He was definitely not terrible. Al was a frosh, started out strong in terms of ball control but no jumper and hit the frosh wall. Newkirk was not the answer to a floor leader. Green did not find consistency. I'm not overreacting to choice of adjectives, but I don't think it's right to call our guards terrible.

Then what would you call them as a group in a one year vacuum? 

23 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Durham potentially could work his way in.

Race, coming off a redshirt, isn't a projected starter and not saying he will be, but very interested to see how he progresses over the summer -- he wasn't physically ready coming in as a frosh, that's no longer the case.

I've heard good things about Thompson. I expect him to be a really good BIG Ten player 

IMO Fitzner is going to provide quality minutes off the bench.  If you go back a month or two, a number of us wanted another shooter, even if we got RL.  Well, we did.  He just so happens to be 6’10.   He’s going to give us spacing we lacked last year.  

I agree that Durham is getting minutes too if he’s working hard.  He’s the type of guy that coaches love, and he will play.  

This is what I don’t get in regard to preseason expectations.  In what world was Maryland a top 15 team with Huerter coming back?  They’ve been even more irrelevant than IU has since we met in the championship game, their coach isn’t even as good as Crean was, and we were better than them last year.  What gives?

But either way, without Huerter, they’ll be bad again this year.  Wonder how much rope Turgeon has left.

Edit - Also have to think that the way Trimble’s stock plummeted year after year affected Huerter’s decision.  Turgeon is an awful developer of pro talent.

B0E8E9C4-524C-41DE-8E9B-9C94B90FC739.jpeg

1 minute ago, Officer Obie said:

For $2,000 I can make this happen. Just PM me Mr. Lundergaard, what could go wrong?

Hey, now I know I'm not real bright, but with the name Officer, I think I may be getting set up....

3 minutes ago, Officer Obie said:

I just joined, thought it would be a good 1st post to kick the tires a bit. Fargo is one of my favorites.

Welcome as well....you wouldn't happen to have a spare chipper, would you?

Archived