Comcast Dropping BTN?

https://247sports.com/college/penn-state/Board/18/Contents/Comcast-Dropping-BTN-117265253

I just spoke with customer support. They confirmed that BTN is no longer part of my package. I need to check when I get home, but it appears that this is affecting people different ways based on geography. Apparently, in Fishers, Indiana, Comcast no longer carries BTN.

I dropped Comcast long ago and recently dropped Frontier FIOS TV right before basketball season started.  Both companies are horrible to deal with. 

I am using HULU live tv which has BIG network.  I live in the Fort Wayne, not sure if you are out of the area if you get the network, but you may be able to pay more and get it.  I pay 40 a month for the service.  I believe YouTube streaming may also carry the BIG network. 

I just got YouTube TV and it is great.  If you live in the central Indiana area it has BTN, Fox Sports Indiana, Fox Sports Ohio, FS1, FS2, ESPN 1, ESPN 2, ESPN U, ESPN News, NBC Sports Network, SEC Network, CBS Sports Network, NBAtv, and the MLB Network plus lots of other normal cable channels.  Basically, I will never miss an IU, Pacers, or Colts game.  Also, they have the Turner networks so that means I had march madness with me anywhere I went.  All that plus unlimited DVR (recordings stay for 9 months then delete) makes it a great value for me to replace my Comcast cable with.  Now that they are getting rid of BTN, it makes the switch all the better for me.

30 minutes ago, Indytime said:

Interesting. Stinks for people in the non-Big Ten states. However, after learning that I can still get my sports fix via Hulu or YouTube TV (and maybe a few others I’m not aware of), this may be the impetus I need to cut the cord with Comcast. 

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Kodos said:

I live in Connecticut, and have PS Vue. It works well. And a nice feature is there is no contract. You can unsubscribe at any time. 

That's what I've done - I subscribe only through basketball season.

BTN needs to wake up and realize that not only are they at the mercy of evil cable companies, but the fact that a lot of people have and continue to cut the cord.  Why they (BTN) won't offer a streaming package directly to the public is, IMO, just plain stupid.

Archived