Last Days of Knight 30 for 30

Thanks for the review.  I think I will pass on watching. 

I think the actual last days of knight began with the addition of the 3 point line, then dropping the shot clock to 35 seconds a few years later.  There was an immediate lack of big ten ncaa tourney success after that. I think it hindered his style too much and he was too stubborn to adapt. 

It was the 1979 Puerto Rico incident that taught me that the media was incapable of an objective presentation of the facts when the subject was Knight.  It was sometime later that I realized that it was, in general, incapable of the objective presentation of facts on almost any subject.

I watched The Last Days of Knight last night and was floored. It was a very well done documentary! It has the same 30 for 30 feel and quality and went deep into everything.

If you’re one of the fans out there who thinks this stuff needs to be touched with oven mitts and you wear blinders when looking at Knight’s years then I could see it being hard to watch, but you need to see it.

It greatly taps into the fear everyone had of Knight. Of course nobody wanted to cross him.

I’m 32 so I don’t remember firsthand much of the late 80s - early 90s stuff that happened, but remember the scandal at its peak relatively well. It was a fantastic retelling of all that happened. There are a few incidents that I never knew of and it’s jarring that there was surely more than I knew about.

The TDH says, that it’s largely about Abbott and it’s true that it’s a retelling of the process of finding the story. It wasn’t about him though as much as it was about finding the truth. It was generally the only way to go on this story without interviews from specific people (Collier, Recker, Brand and Knight). Regardless, believe me when I tell you that there’s more than enough. It’s an hour and 45 minutes and all of it is great!

It really taps into Neil Reed and the human element of the story and I’ve gotta say that I came out of it with a different opinion of Reed. At times it was hard and sad to watch.

As a lifelong Hoosier fan, I think they told the story well without being unfair. It’s solid 30 for 30 quality. I recommend that everyone watch it.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I think I'm going to pass on watching this one. Maybe at some point I'll give it a look. Much like the Convicts vs Catholics 30 for 30 (as a Canes fan)....some shows/situations still strike a chord. 

Loved  the Convicts vs. Catholics. I am one of those guys with IU/ND reversible jacket

9 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Loved  the Convicts vs. Catholics. I am one of those guys with IU/ND reversible jacket

Canes made so many mistakes that day that if we cut the turnovers in half we win by 14+....but the Cleveland Gary call at the goal line still ticks me off to no end. TD or First down Canes was the only option. I remember JJ in his presser actually showing the play screen by screen.

What was worse was shortly after the game the official (anonymously) admitted they messed up. 30 years later and I can see that play like I'm looking at my screen now. 

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Canes made so many mistakes that day that if we cut the turnovers in half we win by 14+....but the Cleveland Gary call at the goal line still ticks me off to no end. TD or First down Canes was the only option. I remember JJ in his presser actually showing the play screen by screen.

What was worse was shortly after the game the official (anonymously) admitted they messed up. 30 years later and I can see that play like I'm looking at my screen now. 

For some reason I don't recall that.  Funny how time fades the memory. What's the old saying. History is told by the victors.   

I have to agree with u. 

6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

For some reason I don't recall that.  Funny how time fades the memory. What's the old saying. History is told by the victors.   

I have to agree with u. 

Great game and under the current system...ND and Canes would have played again for a title. Oh well.....great games are just that. 30 years later and still talking about it.

Archived