IU Visiting at least 3 High Profile 2019 Targets

2 hours ago, BDB said:

I live in Iowa,  am curious as to why you think that.  Do you have any inside info?  All the reports are Wisky and Iowa.

From the articles and interviews I've read and seen i feel like he is really impressed with Indiana. He said he always viewed Oladipo as one of his favorite players and he got to meet him at the Indiana Purdue game. Victor talked to him about why Indiana is so great and how the school helped him get to where he is. 

Plus I think if Archie really wants him he can beat out Iowa and Wisconsin for him. 

Since Mile is in remission, I'll say isn't it great that HSN is such a wonderful place where Hoosier fan's can come and discuss all things IU and life in general, and we have an honest to G.. sports reporter posting on  the site and it's all free of charge! Love you mile, and come back soon! And Thanks again TDH for being a part of our family, you bring top notch content!!

7 hours ago, 5 championships said:

From the articles and interviews I've read and seen i feel like he is really impressed with Indiana. He said he always viewed Oladipo as one of his favorite players and he got to meet him at the Indiana Purdue game. Victor talked to him about why Indiana is so great and how the school helped him get to where he is. 

Plus I think if Archie really wants him he can beat out Iowa and Wisconsin for him. 

I wonder if Fran Mccafferys job security will be an issue in the Carton recruitment.  I have to think his seat is getting pretty hot.  Same with Gard.

45 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I wonder if Fran Mccafferys job security will be an issue in the Carton recruitment.  I have to think his seat is getting pretty hot.  Same with Gard.

Yea maybe but who would want to play for Fran anyway??I would get tired of his antics real fast. If DJ feels like Indiana has a legit spot for him to come and see minutes early i don't see how he says no to us for Wisconsin or Iowa. Now maybe some other schools get involved before this is over but I like the position IU is in. 

6 hours ago, Reacher said:

I don't understand why he would want to come seeing as Phinisee would be a a year ahead of him. Is he more of a shooter? Thinking they could play together? 

That's a great point. I feel like DJ could play the 2 but I could totally be wrong though. I don't know DJ that well but I don't think he is strickly a 1... the daily Hoosier might know his gsme better 

10 hours ago, 5 championships said:

That's a great point. I feel like DJ could play the 2 but I could totally be wrong though. I don't know DJ that well but I don't think he is strickly a 1... the daily Hoosier might know his gsme better 

Both Phinisee and Carton play the PG in HS, but they are scoring PGs in the mold of Yogi, only both taller than Yogi.  Not saying they are as talented as Mr. Ferrell though.  But we are not talking about a Chris Reynolds here where he either plays PG all the time or he doesn't play.

The point is that I really view them as having the potential to be a 1 or 2.  But the point remains, if there is something that is giving Carton pause, it is likely Phinisee.

On 4/13/2018 at 10:25 AM, 5 championships said:

I like our chances with DJ. 

I wish I felt the same. Not because IU isn't a better spot (it is) but Carton's school is an Iowa pipeline and family has connection (grandfather player there). However his family did move him once before (for more notoriety). I think this recruitment will depend mostly on how well Phinisee plays. If RP shows promise next year...I doubt Carton will want to joint a team with a PG position locked up already.

Archived