Trouble brewing at Maryland?

rico

1 minute ago, FW_Hoosier said:

It makes no sense to me that Adidas and Under Armor have been wrapped up in this, while Nike, which is clearly the worst offender of the three, is currently getting off scot-free.

Best for last. I remember the attorney saying after initial announcement that it would be wise for you to come to us instead of us coming after you. Let the biggest fish(Nike) just sit out there while getting the dirt. I have to believe in the runners world....at least one of them worked for both Adidas and Nike. Those are the people I'd be looking for so they can tell us where the bodies are in both companies. 

4 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

It makes no sense to me that Adidas and Under Armor have been wrapped up in this, while Nike, which is clearly the worst offender of the three, is currently getting off scot-free.

I thought Arizona was a Nike school?

2 minutes ago, rico said:

I thought Arizona was a Nike school?

You are correct, it is.  But in that case, the alleged deal was between Miller himself and Dawkins, the agent’s employee.  Didn’t seem to be one of the situations where a shoe company employee was involved.

25 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

That would explain a lot...like how Maryland gets such high-level recruits considering their consistently underwhelming results.

Part of that is also due to their underwhelming coach. Most of the players Turgeon brings in don't progress or develop much at all in their time at Maryland. 

53 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Maybe the FBI has an apparel contract to outfit their agents in Nike gear.  :coffee:

2 hours ago, jimsorgi said:

Doesn't seem related, though. The guy took a six month sabbatical that is just ending, so he's resigning at the end of the sabbatical. It's been expected for a while.

That's the part I'm trying to fit into the timeline. So 6 months and let's say 13 days ago the FBI scandal was announced. Maryland AD announces 6 month sabbatical and now 2 weeks max after that date he resigns? Seems a bit coincidental considering. 

56 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

That's the part I'm trying to fit into the timeline. So 6 months and let's say 13 days ago the FBI scandal was announced. Maryland AD announces 6 month sabbatical and now 2 weeks max after that date he resigns? Seems a bit coincidental considering. 

Yeah, coincidental or not, if I spend years at an employer, out of loyalty...    I would at the very least ask if they would need me to stay on through the mess to provide stability, and a smoother hopefully clean transition.  I wonder the AD asked this question.

21 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Nike probably has better methods and techniques.  By many accounts they've been at it longer and had time to perfect their 'system'.

Archived