Locking down the state

FKIM01

Just looked at the 24/7 Indiana rankings for 2018 and if Romeo chooses IU, the Hoosiers will have three of the top 4 Indiana recruits for 2018...

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Basketball/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=IN

I don't know much about Tyger Campbell (UCLA) but I vaguely remember something negative and I don't ever remember seeing him as an IU target.  The only concern I have about locking down 2019 is not having enough room.

Great start, coach Miller.

18 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Just looked at the 24/7 Indiana rankings for 2018 and if Romeo chooses IU, the Hoosiers will have three of the top 4 Indiana recruits for 2018...

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Basketball/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=IN

I don't know much about Tyger Campbell (UCLA) but I vaguely remember something negative and I don't ever remember seeing him as an IU target.  The only concern I have about locking down 2019 is not having enough room.

Great start, coach Miller.

I wouldn't even consider Campbell a kid from Indiana since he goes to La Lamuire which is not even a ISHAA school and can't play in the tournament.  He also came there from out of state so I don't know why they would have him in the Indiana rankings.

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I wouldn't even consider Campbell a kid from Indiana since he goes to La Lamuire which is not even a ISHAA school and can't play in the tournament.  He also came there from out of state so I don't know why they would have him in the Indiana rankings.

I assume they are simply listing kids playing on teams based in Indiana.  I understand that his team is not IHSAA-sanctioned making him ineligible for all-state consideration, but if we only counted home-grown Hoosiers, the Zeller family lived in Iowa, California and Minnesota before settling in Washington, Indiana.

Just now, FKIM01 said:

I assume they are simply listing kids playing on teams based in Indiana.  I understand that his team is not IHSAA-sanctioned making him ineligible for all-state consideration, but if we only counted home-grown Hoosiers, the Zeller family lived in Iowa, California and Minnesota before settling in Washington, Indiana.

That is different because Campbell's family did not just move into the school district but just came to a prep school in the state.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

That is different because Campbell's family did not just move into the school district but just came to a prep school in the state.

I hear you. I'm just saying that someone has to determine what constitutes an "Indiana" player. Obviously, the ranking systems have different, more inclusive criteria when compared to the IHSAA.

Archived