Langford and Garland to attend Hoosier Hysteria..

jimmygoiu

IU is no longer 'making up ground' on Langford.  They are right there in strong consideration.  Stop and think about it,  Who are they making up ground to?  Duke, the early front-runner, is not even in the Final 7.  Everyone agrees that UK took a big step back with what happened over the summer.  So, who is left that has been considered to be heavily involved for a while?  That would be UL and UNC.   Both of those programs have ugly issues haunting their program.  And, those issues WILL be a factor considered in the ultimate decision.

I'm not saying it's going to be IU, but it's no longer a situation where IU is still climbing a hill in the recruitment.  Not at all.

16 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Better than Gary Harris.  His game is not really comparable to the others.  

That's an interesting take.  Gary Harris is very, very highly regarded in NBA circles as an emerging big time player.  If Langford really becomes better than Harris, that will be saying a lot.  I don't think Denver would trade Harris for Gordon, for example.  

https://nugglove.com/2017/07/14/gary-harris-steal-draft-class/

He averaged fifteen points last year and is improving.  Most importantly, the deeper stats help his case. He's efficient (takes good shots) and is a very good two-way player.  

47 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

I think there is a real good chance at one for sure.

Good to hear, Jax.  At one time, I felt there was little to no chance on Romeo.  Now, I don't feel that way.  Would love to have him.

Don't take this wrong in terms of Romeo.  Would love to have Garland, as I followed his father when his dad was a prepster at Gary's Roosevelt high school, and then later, as a pro with the Denver Nuggets.

Either one would make me happy.   Both would make me delirious. 

5 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

That's an interesting take.  Gary Harris is very, very highly regarded in NBA circles as an emerging big time player.  If Langford really becomes better than Harris, that will be saying a lot.  I don't think Denver would trade Harris for Gordon, for example.  

https://nugglove.com/2017/07/14/gary-harris-steal-draft-class/

He averaged fifteen points last year and is improving.  Most importantly, the deeper stats help his case. He's efficient (takes good shots) and is a very good two-way player.  

The 'better than Harris' reference was comparing them as high school seniors.  Not saying he is better than Harris as a 3 year NBA vet.

On 9/9/2017 at 11:35 AM, Seeking6 said:

I think he's every bit on same level as Gordon. Others might have a different opinion. I only watched him twice.

EJ was the #2 ranked player in the country out of high school. While he got injured part way into his frosh campaign, he was incredible as a frosh before the injury, and still dominant after it (and drafted #7 overall). EJ is a pretty high standard, coming out of HS.

Romeo is a consensus top 5 recruit, it's not a final ranking yet and in any event it's difficult to compare classes. I responded to point out that people tend to forget how incredible EJ was coming in, as his impact was somewhat lessened after his injury and then there's the whole Sampson thing. If Romeo proves to be as good as EJ, we'll have one of IU's best ever coming in, if he picks IU.

Archived