Jump to content

Cliff Moore


Max
 Share

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, CapnRon said:

A lot can happen in a year, look at Morgan.  This kid has great size, and is supposed to have a solid jumper, just needs confidence and time.  He may be a huge contributor in a year.

I agree. He’s got a big frame. You gotta believe if he’s not a Kevin Durant body type that can’t put weight on no matter what, Coach Marshall will have him ripped/jacked by year 2... and ready to take a huge step. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have no idea how Moore will pan out, but man he could be a huge, huge piece for IU if everything clicked. He’s already showed a penchant for timing in terms of blocking shots. If it clicked, imagine having a long, athletic 6’11” center that can shoot from deep and defensively block shots and is athletic enough to help and recover. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

^^ Agreed. I think CAM values veteran players and bigs take more time to develop/get acclimated to the college game. We should hear reports this summer as to how guys are progressing -- remember Morgan had a great summer last summer, and that carried over in a big way, though after a bit of a slow start. Morgan was working it, as in working really hard last summer, hope to hear the same about Moore, Davis et al.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

^^ Agreed. I think CAM values veteran players and bigs take more time to develop/get acclimated to the college game. We should hear reports this summer as to how guys are progressing -- remember Morgan had a great summer last summer, and that carried over in a big way, though after a bit of a slow start. Morgan was working it, as in working really hard last summer, hope to hear the same about Moore, Davis et al.

With how little he played I wished they would have just red shirted him this year

Edited by IU Scott
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm hoping Clifton lives up to the hype of him briefly being on NBA draft boards, that being said I wouldn't be surprised if he goes behind Jake in next years line up. Jake was going up against Mo Bamba in practice every day last year and this year he was second fiddle to Cam Reddish! Dude, isn't coming in like a normal freshman trying to catch up. Let the staff work with him over the summer and I think he will surprise, at least I hope he does!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some kids just need more time to develop.  In the era of the one and done, we expect these kids to contribute right away, and there is a misconception that they must not be good or happy if they didn’t play.  Villanova had some guys redshirt/not play early in their career, who were more highly touted than Moore, and they didn’t hit their stride until Juniors or Seniors.  I think the kid will be fine.  Just give it some time.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, StLHoosier said:

Some kids just need more time to develop.  In the era of the one and done, we expect these kids to contribute right away, and there is a misconception that they must not be good or happy if they didn’t play.  Villanova had some guys redshirt/not play early in their career, who were more highly touted than Moore, and they didn’t hit their stride until Juniors or Seniors.  I think the kid will be fine.  Just give it some time.

So true.  Rumor was that the staff suggested that Moore might want to consider redshirting when they re-recruited him, but were told by the Moore's that he wouldn't be doing so.  In retrospect it probably would have been best for him to follow Race's lead.  I've read that Moore is pleased with his situation and how the staff has helped him.  I don't see why he can't develop into a solid contributor as long as he works hard. 

To bolster StLH's point, I remember Rakeem Christmas being a very highly rated big when he chose to attend Syracuse, yet he was little more than a backup when they beat us in the s16 game.  Christmas then took off in subsequent seasons and landed in the NBA.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Morgan is gone after this year which opens 30 minutes/ game of playing time. Davis in 2 years. That leaves Race, Forrester and next years post recruits (all in the 6'8"- 6'9" range) as his competition in his Sr year so there very well could be plenty of playing time for him as an upperclassman defensive terror at center that can shoot and open up the floor on offense.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Reacher said:

Morgan is gone after this year which opens 30 minutes/ game of playing time. Davis in 2 years. That leaves Race, Forrester and next years post recruits (all in the 6'8"- 6'9" range) as his competition in his Sr year so there very well could be plenty of playing time for him as an upperclassman defensive terror at center that can shoot and open up the floor on offense.  

I'm not predicting he'll contribute by any means, but I also wouldn't sleep on the possibility of Moore making a leap next season. Not a all-conference leap or anything, but as a contributor. He's a 6'11" athletic kid that can shoot. Clearly he had a "deer in headlights" freshmen year, but he did show the ability to time blocked shots, so if he can get the defensive rotations down and get comfortable offensively with his shot from deep, he could be a real asset. 

I'm also by no means comparing him to Spellman at Nova who was a 5*, but with that said look at the impact a 5 that can knock down 3's had for them? It was huge for their offense. Moore has a long, long way to go, but if he can get the defense down and gain confidence in his shot within the offense, he could give some regular minutes. The skillset is there. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, kaustical said:

Kid definitely has potential, with hard work and patience he could be an asset.  Can't teach size and athleticism.   

Also can't teach his uncanny knack of timing! I'm waiting for this coming year him being in and waiting and smaking that ball into the third row. All of a sudden he gets some confidence. Then it's rut-ro Raggy!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...