Announcing a new position

HoosierFaithful

HSN Members:

Happy offseason!  Thank you for another fantastic season.  I think I can speak for all of us when I say we're waiting with bated breath to see how our Hoosiers look next season.  Until then, we've got a lot of fantastic matters to discuss and lots of teenage twitter to obsess over.

The offseason is also normally a time when the mod team can reassess our board, where it is at, and where it can be better.  I am proud to announce the creation of a new position on our team: HSN Chancellor Emeritus.

For the IU grads among us, the position will no doubt ring a familiar tone to the position held by the infamous Herman B Wells.  A Hoosier through and through, the position of Chancellor was created to honor Wells' contribution to IU and to facilitate his continued involvement in the areas he was most passionate about.  Wells was a noted entertainer and frequently had students over for dinner and discussion.  At other times, Wells could be found around campus sitting and talking with students about any matter under the sun.  Leadership at the University correctly realized that Wells' value to IU was not merely as an administrator or bureaucrat but as the true face of the University.  Herman B Wells was Indiana University.

The position of HSN Chancellor Emeritus was created to honor the commitment to our site and our community by a member of our team who has dedicated years to building the very culture of Hoosier Sports Nation.  Whether by welcoming new members or discussing seemingly any matter with an existing member, HSN's Chancellor Emeritus embodies all that that Herman B Wells would wish for a position created in his image to.

By now, I would hope there is no surprise -- but there is great honor for me -- to announce that Milehiiu will assume the role of HSN Chancellor Emeritus effectively immediately.  You'll see Mile/Ken in our "courtyard" (The Animal House) and strolling about HSN, ready to make your visit and time here more enjoyable.

HF

Mile will be primarily focusing his time on interacting with members and continuing to build the culture that we think separates HSN from other IU sites as the cream of the crop.  As a result, he will step back from the day-to-day grind of moderating.  If you have any moderation needs, please let a member of the mod team know and we'll do our best to resolve it quickly!

I know Mile is a fine choice, but much like last year's head coaching search, I never even received a call to gauge my interest.  I'm more than a little miffed and I'm beginning to take these snubs personally. 

Oh, congratulations Mile on winning a one horse race.

All kidding aside, Mile is the man.  No one represents this board and everything behind it better.

Archived