Pacers vs Cavs Series

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Admittedly I don't watch much regular season NBA....mostly because of the effort. I love playoff hoops though. Pacers bringing it but 25 point leads aren't safe vs most of the league and especially vs Lebron.

PS...I shouldn't know who Zach Zarba is already. Reminder why I don't watch much NBA hoops. 3-4 of those calls were just brutal.

This quarter is what makes the NBA hard to watch and makes it a joke.  As long as I remember the stars gets so many calls that influences the game.  Also today's NA is so soft and the players are soft as well.  You barely touch a player and they are looking at it for a flagerant foul.  It is so much easier to score today because players don't fear going to the basket.

2 minutes ago, IUalum said:

Where did Victor and OG learn to play defense?

Vic leads the league in steals this year.

He has exploded.  they are double teaming him and trying to keep the ball out of his hands.  32 pts with 2 min to go.  Special player

Vic and OG both were know for their defense before they go to IU, Crean certainly didn't teach them! 

15 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Vic and OG both were know for their defense before they go to IU, Crean certainly didn't teach them! 

D - That’s really not fair. Crean and staff clearly developed both - Crean is outstanding at developing players for the NBA and it started with Wade, who continues to call him his best coach. Crean obviously had his weaknesses, but individual player development, on both sides of the ball, was not one of them 

47 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

This quarter is what makes the NBA hard to watch and makes it a joke.  As long as I remember the stars gets so many calls that influences the game.  Also today's NA is so soft and the players are soft as well.  You barely touch a player and they are looking at it for a flagerant foul.  It is so much easier to score today because players don't fear going to the basket.

They changed the rules on contact, particularly on the perimeter, to spur increased scoring as that’s what fans want. It’s much easier for guards to score today, no doubt, but then the talent and shooting ability of today’s guards / point guards is fantastic 

HH, no doubt Crean was incredible at identifying talent that could be developed and then did a very good job of developing that talent. But let's be honest the success was more in identifying the talent to begin with. Both OG and Victor have continued to develop their talent without Crean! Yes individual players did develop as defenders with his emphasis on deflections and such, but teaching defense was definitely not one of Crean's strong suits!

Archived