Pacers vs Cavs Series

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, rico said:

Why the Vic hate?

Not hating. Just pointing out the truth. The “my city” and super star rah rah stuff is cool during the regular season, but you have to back it up in the playoffs. You’ll never hear the negative from the Indy media because they’re  soft and scared. If you want to act like the man, you have to perform. Hopefully Sunday he will.

50 minutes ago, Hoosier24 said:

Tonight was game 3 though right? 

Yep. And they won it. The second half adjust came down to either Vic figuring out when to attack or pass out of that double team up top to set up guys who were open because of the initial double team he was getting. I would have preferred the first option (I still want to see him be more aggressive offensively in that situation) but it was the other strategy in the second half that worked. And this probably why I'm not an NBA coach!

I'm going to give him and his teammate some credit for what they were able to achieve tonight. He was a big part of it and his overall numbers show that (18/6/7/3). He obviously has some growth to make as a go to type player, but he played his role well within the team construct down the stretch tonight and that helped them beat the Cavs. I'm particularly impressed that this team hung tight in game 2 and won game 3 without him being the sole focal point offensively. Tonight he made plays at both ends at just the right times that helped them close 10+ point deficit and take the lead. The team play took care of the rest. 

Honestly, I really don't get the point of getting down on a guy (IU or not) who's helped his team go up 2-1 without home court advantage against the LeBron.  I'm really hoping that the coaching staff has him ready to come out aggressively and gets in the groove with offensively from the beginning in game 4 to help give the Pacers a 3-1 lead. The Pacers are going to need it because I guarantee you that LeBron is going to come out swinging from the tip off on Sunday. 

25 minutes ago, Hoosier24 said:

Vic did not play well. Did you watch. Bogey bailed them out. The stage, tonight, was simply too big for Vic. He’ll learn.

Might be wrong but last time i checked the scoreboard reads Pacers vs Cavs not Victor vs Cavs. An off night with a W is much better than 40 with an L. Stage has nothing to do with it

Clarification: the stats I posted for Vic earlier were before the game was over. It dropped from +1 to -1 in the last couple minute. 

Btw, just to put star performance stats in a team winning into perspective, here's James Harden's stats last game (that Houston won regardless): 12/4/7/3 with 3 turnovers. 2/18 fg's, 1/10 3 pts. +1 overall. And this is the likely MVP of the league. And anybody who watched that game knows that he has a much larger impact that his stats suggest, mostly due to the defense constantly running his way and him knowing when to move the ball to find the guy that's open, even if he doesn't get the assist. Vic's impact on his team offensively was similar in second half tonight. 

You guys are missing my whole point. Harden, Lebron, those guys are superstars. Theyre there. They’ve made it. Victor is trying to attain that level. I wish Vic would do a little less talking. Performances like tonight would be a little less glaring if you weren’t running around talking about “my city.” When you make it, then it can be “your city.” A fine example would be Peyton Manning.Hopefully he’s humbled by the past few nights and does a little more performing, and a little less talking.

1 minute ago, JerseyHoosier said:

Clarification: the stats I posted for Vic earlier were before the game was over. I dropped from +1 to -1 in the end somehow. 

Btw, just to put star performance stats in a team winning into perspective, here's James Harden's stats last game (that Houston won regardless): 12/4/7/3 with 3 turnovers. 2/18 fg's, 1/10 3 pts. +1 overall. And this is the likely MVP of the league. And anybody who watched that game knows that he has a much larger impact that his stats suggest, mostly due to the defense constantly running his way and him knowing when to move the ball to find the guy that's open, even if he doesn't get the assist. Vic's impact on his team offensively was similar in second half tonight. 

Yeah 24 still hasn't acknowledged that several of Bogey's points came off of Vic's assists, while Cleveland's defense focused on Vic.

4 minutes ago, Hoosier24 said:

You guys are missing my whole point. Harden, Lebron, those guys are superstars. Theyre there. They’ve made it. Victor is trying to attain that level. I wish Vic would do a little less talking. Performances like tonight would be a little less glaring if you weren’t running around talking about “my city.” When you make it, then it can be “your city.” A fine example would be Peyton Manning.

So you're saying if Vic isn't playing like Harden and Lebron, he needs to put his big boy pant's on???  And yet Lebron is down 1-2??

14 minutes ago, Hoosier24 said:

Not hating. Just pointing out the truth. The “my city” and super star rah rah stuff is cool during the regular season, but you have to back it up in the playoffs. You’ll never hear the negative from the Indy media because they’re  soft and scared. If you want to act like the man, you have to perform. Hopefully Sunday he will.

The lights were not to bright for Vic! He is fine. The Cavs doubled him the whole game and forced him to give the ball up. All he did was pass out of it and trust his teammates which was the right thing to do. Yea his shooting wasn't that great and I'd like to see him attack the rim more but Vic is giving it his all and although it wasn't a great game for him tonight it was enough to win. I never once thought tonight that the stage was to big but yes to win the series he will have to shoot a little better.

the whole "he has to back it up" if he is gonna pull the "my city superstar stuff". Well he is the leader of a team that is currently up 2 games to 1 on a guy named Lebron that has been to the finals 7 straight years. Not a bad start.

2 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

The lights were not to bright for Vic! He is fine. The Cavs doubled him the whole game and forced him to give the ball up. All he did was pass out of it and trust his teammates which was the right thing to do. Yea his shooting wasn't that great and I'd like to see him attack the rim more but Vic is giving it his all and although it wasn't a great game for him tonight it was enough to win. I never once thought tonight that the stage was to big but yes to win the series he will have to shoot a little better.

the whole "he has to back it up" if he is gonna pull the "my city superstar stuff". Well he is the leader of a team that is currently up 2 games to 1 on a guy named Lebron that has been to the finals 7 straight years. Not a bad start.

Yea, again, he’ll get there. Hopefully Bogey doesn’t have to put up 30 next game.

5 minutes ago, Hoosier24 said:

You guys are missing my whole point. Harden, Lebron, those guys are superstars. Theyre there. They’ve made it. Victor is trying to attain that level. I wish Vic would do a little less talking. Performances like tonight would be a little less glaring if you weren’t running around talking about “my city.” When you make it, then it can be “your city.” A fine example would be Peyton Manning.Hopefully he’s humbled by the past few nights and does a little more performing, and a little less talking.

I actually get where your coming from. I just think you're being a bit harsh in your expectations and reactions to Vic overall, especially considering his team is up 2-1 and he's been a major part of it.

That said I'll bet fans in Portland or Milwaukee or Washington view what Vic and the Pacers are doing as fairly impressive in the grand scheme. If Vic can help the Pacers manage to win two more, our boy is the leader of the team that knocked off LeBron from the finals for the first time in something like 500 years (give or take of course). That is the kind of growth process that instills confidence in not only its individual leaders but that whole team. 

Adding to the above, 4 of Vic's 5 turnovers were in the first half.  He tightened up his handles.  This is something a great player does, makes an adjustment, helping his team to come back from 17 down any way he can.  But you're right, its better to pick a night when Vic is having an off shooting night to promote Bogdanovic and his stellar play.  Glad he had 30, and if he does it again the next game and they win, GREAT.

Read my sig.

7 minutes ago, Hoosier24 said:

Yea, again, he’ll get there. Hopefully Bogey doesn’t have to put up 30 next game.

What I thought would be a tough year for the Pacers turned into a holy crap we might beat LEBRON!! Exciting times for Hoosier and pacer fans. I hope the fans bring it for gsme 4 and we get rolling early cuz a desperate and backed into a corner Lebron is very scary!

25 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

What I thought would be a tough year for the Pacers turned into a holy crap we might beat LEBRON!! Exciting times for Hoosier and pacer fans. I hope the fans bring it for gsme 4 and we get rolling early cuz a desperate and backed into a corner Lebron is very scary!

From the other sports boards I visit.......the P's having been getting praise all year from non-Indiana fans.  Just hope they can pull off the "upset".

Edit: Hot off the presses.....

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/lebron-james-cavs-once-again-searching-for-answers-after-nightmare-second-half-against-pacers-in-game-3/

Just got back from the Pacers game and the crowd was crazy in the second half. VO played really bad in the first half but he did bring it in the second half and dd make a lot of smart plays down the stretch.  Watching the games on TV you think Labron gets a lot of calls but in person you really see how much he gets away with that is never called.  The only bad thing tonight was that there were to many Cavs fans seating near me but they were pretty quit in the 4th quarter.

Archived