Pacers vs Cavs Series

10 hours ago, Hoosier24 said:

Yea, again, he’ll get there. Hopefully Bogey doesn’t have to put up 30 next game.

That's why you have teammates the other team is trying to. They game plan to take Vic away so he does the superstar thing and gets his guys going. That's Lebrons problem his guys are no where near being clutch.  Bogey took Lebron out and he had no Bogey to get 30. I hope we don't need 30 from him again it might be Myles or Collison or like game 1 Domas. Its a team game but make no doubt this us Vic's city 

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

You mean someone who played at the highest level gives praise. I think I will take the opinion of message board guy instead😁

LOL......wonder why that poster wasn't ragging on LBG's 2nd half performance?

Later on they had a reporter commenting on what the Cav's needed to do from here on out.  He said LBJ needs to score 40.

I don’t see how 18 points, 7 assists, 6 rebounds and 3 steals is a terrible performance. 

Not many guards in the league fill the stat sheet up like Vic does... in fact, it’s been mentioned at the end of the regular season that Vic’s season averages were close to legendary across the board. 

At the end of the night, what matters more than anything is... that his team wins the game. Period.

11 hours ago, Hoosier24 said:

You guys are missing my whole point. Harden, Lebron, those guys are superstars. Theyre there. They’ve made it. Victor is trying to attain that level. I wish Vic would do a little less talking. Performances like tonight would be a little less glaring if you weren’t running around talking about “my city.” When you make it, then it can be “your city.” A fine example would be Peyton Manning.Hopefully he’s humbled by the past few nights and does a little more performing, and a little less talking.

What? Oladipo does waaaaay less talking than most NBA superstars. I suppose you're a bit more exposed to it following the Pacers when he gets pumped at the end of a game... but seriously. Listen to the guy's postgame interviews and compare them to... well.... pretty much any NBA star (like Harden, LeBron, Westbrook, etc.).

Also, regarding how Oladipo played: yes, he did not have a great first half (nor did the Pacers as a whole) - weren't ready for the aggressive double teams. But he adjusted very well and was huge in the second half. A big part of the reason Bogey got so many good looks is that Oladipo drew two Cavs players 40 feet from the basket and let his teammates play 4 on 3... The two people that won the game for the Pacers were cleary Bogey and Oladipo.

2 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

I don’t see how 18 points, 7 assists, 6 rebounds and 3 steals is a terrible performance. 

Not many guards in the league fill the stat sheet up like Vic does... in fact, it’s been mentioned at the end of the regular season that Vic’s season averages were close to legendary across the board. 

At the end of the night, what matters more than anything is... that his team wins the game. Period.

But, but......the FG%!  LOL

I only had to go back to last year to find a 4-13 performance by LeBron against the Celtics.  And, he had an 8-24 performance the year before against Detroit.

At age 25 (Vic's age right now), MJ had a 5-15 shooting night against Detroit in the conference finals.  

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jordami01/gamelog/1989/

That post criticizing Vic gets dumber and dumber when you look at reality.

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I only had to go back to last year to find a 4-13 performance by LeBron against the Celtics.  And, he had an 8-24 performance the year before against Detroit.

MJ, at age 25 (Vic's age right now), had a 5-15 shooting night against Detroit in the conference finals.  

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jordami01/gamelog/1989/

That post criticizing Vic gets dumber and dumber when you look at reality.

Dumb is an understatement IMO.  Ridiculous is more like it bordering on the line of insane.  Thanks for doing the research 'fouls.  I just feel he has a Vic hate.  

Just now, rico said:

Dumb is an understatement IMO.  Ridiculous is more like it bordering on the line of insane.  Thanks for doing the research 'fouls.  I just feel he has a Vic hate.  

I think some just look at scoring as the only thing to see if a player is playing well. VO does a lot of things that helps a team win bit some just can't look deep enough.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think some just look at scoring as the only thing to see if a player is playing well. VO does a lot of things that helps a team win bit some just can't look deep enough.

The main thing is to do what helps your team to victory.  It always about points or FG%.  And to realize that even the best shooters have an off night.

Really impressive come back W for the P’s and Bog had it going from the outside.

LeBron is going to have to carry the Cavs on both ends, with contribution from Love, to win this series. 

I still think he does that and Cavs win in 6 or 7, but it’s certainly possible that the P’s pull this out. The Cavs D has been terrible all season and that’s a real obstacle for them 

1 minute ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Really impressive come back W for the P’s and Bog had it going from the outside.

LeBron is going to have to carry the Cavs on both ends, with contribution from Love, to win this series. 

I still think he does that and Cavs win in 6 or 7, but it’s certainly possible that the P’s pull this out. The Cavs D has been terrible all season and that’s a real obstacle for them 

Yeah definitely low effort by the cavs on the defensive end.  Pretty pathetic really.  Embarrassing to watch the officials bail them out when they are walking around on defense in the 4th quarter.  Not a good look for the NBA.

Last we played close and were swept 4-0. I don't want this to sound like I'm giving up or just happy being here...but 48 wins in year 1 and 2 wins vs Cavs is a big improvement over playoff P last year. I'll keep harping on it. Pacers and Vic are advertising/recruiting geniuses right now. We might actually have a chance to land a free agent this year.

6 minutes ago, Hoosier24 said:

Man, a difference of opinion is fine, but that name calling and bashing is crazy around these parts. I guess that’s what you get on a free board where any ol riff raff can post 

And that my "friend" is a knock on this board.

14 minutes ago, Hoosier24 said:

Man, a difference of opinion is fine, but that name calling and bashing is crazy around these parts. I guess that’s what you get on a free board where any ol riff raff can post 

My apologies for calling your post dumb. Wasn't personal. I think you'll see we welcome both kinds here (Country and Western...hat tip Blues Brothers). I think it just caught most of us off guard criticizing Vic given his play and performance all season let alone what he's done in this series. 18-7-6 isn't a bad line. 

30 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

The stuff said here is no dumber than what I read in the IU game threads. Lots of silly stuff said in the heat of the moment.  That's why I usually avoid posting when I'm fired up about something...it rarely goes well.

There is nothing worse then IU game threads or post game after a lose. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

There is nothing worse then IU game threads or post game after a lose. 

I don't know.  A Vandy post game thread is pretty bad after a loss.  The same poster has to play every role (sunshine pumper, uber-complainer, voice of reason, disappointed believer, etc.)..  

2 minutes ago, Hoosier24 said:

Because I voiced my OPINION that was different that yours?

Can you acknowledge that every player has an off-shooting night?

And, if you can acknowledge that, tell me exactly what part of Vic's game bothered you last night?

Archived