Pacers vs Cavs Series

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Can you acknowledge that every player has an off-shooting night?

And, if you can acknowledge that, tell me exactly what part of Vic's game bothered you last night?

My OPINION is that his OPINION is VO having a "bad" 1st half.  But that is my OPINION of his OPINION.  I could OPINE further.......

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LeBron himself was once held to single digit scoring in at least one playoff game against the Mavericks, no less. Yeah, it was the Finals, but one that the Heat were  heavily favored to win. 

Superstars have off nights all the time. I just don’t agree that Vic had one last night. He contributed in every aspect and that’s what you want in your leader. He got everyone involved on an off night shooting. 

Also, not one single person here has put Vic on this superstar pedistol, not one. We expect him to outwork everyone and I’m pretty sure that he does as well. He wants to be great and he’ll do whatever it takes to achieve it. 

48 minutes ago, Hoosier24 said:

Man, a difference of opinion is fine, but that name calling and bashing is crazy around these parts. I guess that’s what you get on a free board where any ol riff raff can post 

Really? Then go post on those boards. This site is FREE to you because others pay for it.  Do you notice any ads? Any solicitations?  Any fund drives?  NO.  That's because the mods/admins/milehi pay for this. We are paying for this because we like discussing Indiana sports. You disrespecting us for giving Hoosier fans a free place to talk sports is pretty hard to stomach. 

1 hour ago, Hoosier24 said:

Man, a difference of opinion is fine, but that name calling and bashing is crazy around these parts. I guess that’s what you get on a free board where any ol riff raff can post 

All are welcome here and it is a great place and i don't ever think we have begged anyone to stay

1 hour ago, Hoosier24 said:

Maybe i missed it and if so i am sorry. Saying a post is dumb is not name calling. My banana posts are dumb if someone says so my thick skin can take it. It a message board not life and death. Great place mostly civil and we have a great time. If someone has things to share and we need to step up and help we do. Dont know the riff raff the riff raff are family. 

1 hour ago, rico said:

Enough of that "poster".

What are everybody's feelings or thoughts on game 4.  How do you see the game going?  What are the Cavs going to adjust to on defense?  

Well, I for one, am sick and tired of the Pacers not adjusting to the double/3 man zone on Vic. There has to be someone coming to help. His turnovers came on long passes, without anyone going to get the ball.

Now, if they wait until he’s at the 3 pt line before running the pick, as opposed to right when crossing the timeline... we had success when did that.  

Miles Turner has to leave his imprint in these next two games. He’s played weak with the ball at times and a little soft on defense.

Also, I’d like to see Vic and Lance draw contact while attacking the basket more often. Be the aggressor!

17 hours ago, Hoosier24 said:

Not hating. Just pointing out the truth. The “my city” and super star rah rah stuff is cool during the regular season, but you have to back it up in the playoffs. You’ll never hear the negative from the Indy media because they’re  soft and scared. If you want to act like the man, you have to perform. Hopefully Sunday he will.

You don't think bashing Vic will get a response? It's been pointed out that the go to guy on pretty much every team has had playoff games where the numbers were less than impressive. 

2 hours ago, rico said:

Enough of that "poster".

What are everybody's feelings or thoughts on game 4.  How do you see the game going?  What are the Cavs going to adjust to on defense?  

It's a must win for the Pacers.  They will not win another game in Cleveland, so their two remaining home games are critical if they have any hope of moving on.  

The Pacers are a better team, but LeBron is such a difference maker, and even he does not get enough credit for that sometimes.  

7 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Last we played close and were swept 4-0. I don't want this to sound like I'm giving up or just happy being here...but 48 wins in year 1 and 2 wins vs Cavs is a big improvement over playoff P last year. I'll keep harping on it. Pacers and Vic are advertising/recruiting geniuses right now. We might actually have a chance to land a free agent this year.

This is like an unending and I think largely pointless war of words with you guys but PG was NOT the problem, the problem was Bird’s moronic moves including Teague who was a terrible addition and a terrible fit with PG, he was a ball dominant guard who played poor D and spent the games largely looking for his. This team this season is Pritchard’s, and he did a really good job putting the right pieces together starting with Vic, and with Teague gone. Both Vic, with the P’s, and PG, with the Thunder, have shined, that’s a good thing in my book

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

It's a must win for the Pacers.  They will not win another game in Cleveland, so their two remaining home games are critical if they have any hope of moving on.  

The Pacers are a better team, but LeBron is such a difference maker, and even he does not get enough credit for that sometimes.  

I think this is probably right - the P’s had to come back from down 17 - they did, which is a real testament to their resilience. I would bet we see a really energized, dominant LeBron in game 4 and getting that one will be difficult, but then LeBron’s supporting cast, outside of Love, looks weak and lost - so while I say probably right,  I am not ruling out a P’s win even if they lose game 4, very impressed with their methodical, confident play - that says a lot for a young team 

I'm not sure anyone thinks PG was the problem. But he tended to check out on defense way too often and do too much by himself his last couple of years with the Pacers. Vic is a much better fit for this team.

And I think Bird gets an odd amount of blame. Teague didn't work out, but Hill wasn't really getting the team anywhere either. Lots of the same Pacers fans that complain about that move were berating Bird for keeping Hill and not getting a point guard like Teague. Plus the other big move Bird made in that same offseason was picking up Thad Young - which has clearly been a great move.

Now, if you want to kill Bird for Monta Ellis, I'm right there with you. Terrible decision.

6 minutes ago, jimsorgi said:

I'm not sure anyone thinks PG was the problem.

Any time your best player does not want to be there, that's a problem.  Regardless of whether the reasons were legitimate or not, an unhappy Paul George was detrimental to the Pacers. 

Real quick, it didn’t matter who Bird brought in... PG wanted out and that started becoming obvious when he couldn’t recruit any of his peers to come via free agency, prior to last season. I don’t think that any specific addition was the problem. Teague wasn’t a good fit. George Hill had platued and wasn’t going to get better. I really liked the Thad Young move and I’m still happy that we have him.

As for this team, currently... I love them! Listen, I think this team is going to make some noise, right now! If we lost, sure you could get a moral victory of sorts, but that’s almost as bad as a stupid participation trophy. And I don’t understand that thought process. 

In today’s NBA, players/personell etc. move on quickly. This Pacers team has to have the urgency to get it done right now. I know that making it and coming up short against LeBron won’t cut it for this squad. They want to win and continue to win throughout the duration of the playoffs. I know I wouldn’t want to be the little engine that couldn’t get by LeBron James and his worst supporting cast since 2007. This team is legit. Do they make everything look fluid and effortless? No. But they play unselfishly and hard on the defensive end, and I love it! 

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Any time your best player does not want to be there, that's a problem.  Regardless of whether the reasons were legitimate or not, an unhappy Paul George was detrimental to the Pacers. 

Bird was detrimental to the Pacers, look at the cause, not just the result. Pritchard is doing a good job, Bird wasn’t, that’s the simple point 

PG's team had a bad fit but part of that is on PG.  They made some win-now moves to try and show PG they were serious.  Bird had a PG-imposed 1-2 year window in front of him because PG wouldn't commit.  It narrowed their vision.

This "team" also looks more cohesive because their star player is a leader.

It's really just a massive confluence of events, imo.  It's like hitting a bad roll in Yahtzee, taking all the dice again, and rolling all 5's.  We had a bad hand, started from scratch, and largely hit gold.  It's really hard to pin-point 1 specific area.  It's Vic's massive step forward as a player.  It's his leadership (vis a vis PG).  It's Pritchard's masterful signings (Collison and Bogie have been simply superb).  It's the smart, cheap signing of Lance last season.  Just all of the things, really.

Archived