Pacers vs Cavs Series

Pacers are in a PRIME position to add some major pieces the next 2 offseasons. Vic is on a cheap deal (relative to his skill) for 3 more years.  They will almost certainly decline Jefferson's $10m deal and our only major FA is Robinson III.  If we wanted to make a move on a star, decline Bogdanovic and shoot for someone like Aaron Gordon.  Maybe Thad Young opts out instead (which would hurt) but we still land someone like Gordon.

Or this all waits for an offseason and we're back in the same place next offseason.  All possibilities because Vic is locked up. 

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Pacers are in a PRIME position to add some major pieces the next 2 offseasons. Vic is on a cheap deal (relative to his skill) for 3 more years.  They will almost certainly decline Jefferson's $10m deal and our only major FA is Robinson III.  If we wanted to make a move on a star, decline Bogdanovic and shoot for someone like Aaron Gordon.  Maybe Thad Young opts out instead (which would hurt) but we still land someone like Gordon.

Or this all waits for an offseason and we're back in the same place next offseason.  All possibilities because Vic is locked up. 

If we drop Bog for Aaron Gordon I'll be furious. Maybe we get him and he starts for Thad. Idk. 

Quite honestly I just think our 21-22 year old 6'11 guys just need more experience. A year from now.. these same rosters, we WHIP the Cavs. Turner and Sabonis are going to be forces. 

I know this might sound a little crazy, but... I’d like to see us add a couple of Hoosiers if at all possible. Hear me out.. 

I know that Yogi is signed for one more season in Dallas and I’m not sure exactly what his contract entails. However, I’d love to see him land with Vic and get some run with the home team.

Cody Zeller. I understand that he hasn’t lived up to his draft position, but feel like he’s in the same position in Charlotte that Vic was in Orlando. He’s serviceable and would be able to contribute right away.

Troy Williams. I don’t understand why teams keep overlooking the kid. I’ve watched him play several times over the last two seasons and when given the opportunity, he produces.

Those three CAN play at this level and if nothing else, could serve us well in the rotation. 

Now, don’t get me wrong, I want to land some big names, but I also understand that Indiana isn’t what some call a destination spot for stars in their prime. That being said, these Hoosiers know what the state of Indiana is all about.

I’d like to see us get a little more physical too. So a guy like Julius Randle would be a welcomed addition. I really like the idea of us going after Gordon, too. 

I just trust that KP knows what he’s doing and will land everyone that I mentioned! 😂

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

If we drop Bog for Aaron Gordon I'll be furious. Maybe we get him and he starts for Thad. Idk. 

Quite honestly I just think our 21-22 year old 6'11 guys just need more experience. A year from now.. these same rosters, we WHIP the Cavs. Turner and Sabonis are going to be forces. 

I think that the Cavs will be demolished in a year or two from now.. 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, Danomatic said:

I know this might sound a little crazy, but... I’d like to see us add a couple of Hoosiers if at all possible. Hear me out.. 

I know that Yogi is signed for one more season in Dallas and I’m not sure exactly what his contract entails. However, I’d love to see him land with Vic and get some run with the home team.

Cody Zeller. I understand that he hasn’t lived up to his draft position, but feel like he’s in the same position in Charlotte that Vic was in Orlando. He’s serviceable and would be able to contribute right away.

Troy Williams. I don’t understand why teams keep overlooking the kid. I’ve watched him play several times over the last two seasons and when given the opportunity, he produces.

Those three CAN play at this level and if nothing else, could serve us well in the rotation. 

Now, don’t get me wrong, I want to land some big names, but I also understand that Indiana isn’t what some call a destination spot for stars in their prime. That being said, these Hoosiers know what the state of Indiana is all about.

I’d like to see us get a little more physical too. So a guy like Julius Randle would be a welcomed addition. I really like the idea of us going after Gordon, too. 

I just trust that KP knows what he’s doing and will land everyone that I mentioned! 😂

I just think Bog playing with Vic is what you want because he is 40% from 3. Maybe Gordon could play the 4. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I just think Bog playing with Vic is what you want because he is 40% from 3. Maybe Gordon could play the 4. 

I’m sure that AG could play either position. Aaaand I really like Bog, but Jefferson, GR3 and Joe Young can find work elsewhere. Get us some more Hoosiers and watch the chemistry soar to another level. Don’t get me wrong, I like GR3. I just think that he hasn’t given me any inclination that he’s anything more than a bench guy that can produce on occasion. 

I love what 85% of our roster brings to the table though!

2 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

I’m sure that AG could play either position. Aaaand I really like Bog, but Jefferson, GR3 and Joe Young can find work elsewhere. Get us some more Hoosiers and watch the chemistry soar to another level. Don’t get me wrong, I like GR3. I just think that he hasn’t given me any inclination that he’s anything more than a bench guy that can produce on occasion. 

I love what 85% of our roster brings to the table though!

Yogi isn't coming here to be a 3rd PG though.. Joe Young is a solid "3rd PG". Jefferson... if he is willing to take way less money is a solid "3rd center" for 3-4min stretches. GR3 will probably move on.. though idk if that will help him. 

30 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Yogi isn't coming here to be a 3rd PG though.. Joe Young is a solid "3rd PG". Jefferson... if he is willing to take way less money is a solid "3rd center" for 3-4min stretches. GR3 will probably move on.. though idk if that will help him. 

True about Yogi. I just don’t know what’s in store for SC. I like him and hope that he stays, but don’t know if the P’s are going to keep him long term. I like Al, too. I thought that I heard Buckner say at one point this season that he may retire, or was at least considering it after the season. Although he may be feeling rejuvenated with this team now. It’s hard to tell at this point.

8 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I really, really, hope the Pacers core stays together for another couple of years.  Honestly, I truly like just about every player on the team.  

We have Vic on the cheap for another 3 years after this one. 1 more reason some of us loved the trade for Vic over Paul George.....we have Vic for only $21 Million per year. Other players who make the same as Victor are Enes Kanter, LaMarcus Aldridge, Rudy Gobert.

I think everyone besides Robinson is signed up for next year too.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

We have Vic on the cheap for another 3 years after this one. 1 more reason some of us loved the trade for Vic over Paul George.....we have Vic for only $21 Million per year. Other players who make the same as Victor are Enes Kanter, LaMarcus Aldridge, Rudy Gobert.

I think everyone besides Robinson is signed up for next year too.

Jefferson I think we could decline and save 6 million

12 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Any time your best player does not want to be there, that's a problem.  Regardless of whether the reasons were legitimate or not, an unhappy Paul George was detrimental to the Pacers. 

Yes, true. I should have emphasized the. Like I said, no question swapping him and Vic is an improvement.

21 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Really impressive come back W for the P’s and Bog had it going from the outside.

LeBron is going to have to carry the Cavs on both ends, with contribution from Love, to win this series. 

I still think he does that and Cavs win in 6 or 7, but it’s certainly possible that the P’s pull this out. The Cavs D has been terrible all season and that’s a real obstacle for them 

Gosh man, maybe in 7 but there's almost no way the Cavs when in 6. They are t going to win two games in Indy. 

Pacers have been the better team the overwhelming majority of the series; really hard for me to imagine the Cavs winning it at all at this point. 

10 hours ago, btownqb said:

This might make some people mad.. but for what we need, Cory Joesph is better than Yogi. 

I agree. I like Cory Joseph. 

In a couple years to replace Collison as starter? I could see Yogi being a great fit with a bit more development. 

Don't underestimate how valuable Thad Young is to this team.  

Honestly, the starting 5 for the Pacers next year needs to be the same as this season.  

Sabonis and Lance are bench pieces that must be back.  I would like Joseph back as well, but he is probably the easiest to replace among the Top 8 in the rotation.  

I'm hoping any roster changes that do occur are outside of those 8 players. 

36 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Don't underestimate how valuable Thad Young is to this team.  

Honestly, the starting 5 for the Pacers next year needs to be the same as this season.  

Sabonis and Lance are bench pieces that must be back.  I would like Joseph back as well, but he is probably the easiest to replace among the Top 8 in the rotation.  

I'm hoping any roster changes that do occur are outside of those 8 players. 

Agree. 

3 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Gosh man, maybe in 7 but there's almost no way the Cavs when in 6. They are t going to win two games in Indy. 

Pacers have been the better team the overwhelming majority of the series; really hard for me to imagine the Cavs winning it at all at this point. 

You could very well be right, and the P’s have been the better team. I tend to think LBJ is going to impose his will over the next few - and they were up 17 - but I definitely could be wrong on this one, Pacers playing very well

8 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

You could very well be right, and the P’s have been the better team. I tend to think LBJ is going to impose his will over the next few - and they were up 17 - but I definitely could be wrong on this one, Pacers playing very well

In the NBA, do you believe a 'superstar' is more valuable than a 'team'?

31 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

I don't see any FA that massively pushes this team forward. It's a weak class outside of the superstars that we aren't getting. 

I think a guy like Clint Capela could work very well for Pacers. Pacers won't ever get the huge free agent I agree....but add guys like Capela and continue hope we hit on draft night. Donnie did it that way. Only reason Pacers didn't have multiple NBA titles was some dude named Michael up in Chicago.

Archived