David Bell

KDB

Surprised there wasn't a thread for him already but i've heard we have a chance here. #1 Player in Indiana, #11 WR in the Nation, #64 Player in the Nation

He visited for the Spring Game and according to Rabjohns also met with the basketball coaching staff. They told him that if he committed to IU he could play both sports if he wanted too.

He and the football staff have a strong relationship, and talk pretty much daily.

https://247sports.com/Player/David-Bell-85809

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, KDB said:

Surprised there wasn't a thread for him already but i've heard we have a chance here. #1 Player in Indiana, #11 WR in the Nation, #64 Player in the Nation

He visited for the Spring Game and according to Rabjohns also met with the basketball coaching staff. They told him that if he committed to IU he could play both sports if he wanted too.

He and the football staff have a strong relationship, and talk pretty much daily.

https://247sports.com/Player/David-Bell-85809

I still like OSU as his favorite but think Purdue has a really solid chance to land him. Wiltfong has predicted Bell to Purdue which is nice to see. 

9 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I still like OSU as his favorite but think Purdue has a really solid chance to land him. Wiltfong has predicted Bell to Purdue which is nice to see. 

I agree on OSU being the favorite, but Purdue and IU are definitely both in good spots for him.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw him play hoops against Romeo on TV and, no question, he’s an unbelievable talent.  He is so smooth and athletic, it’s ridiculous.  He looked like even his basketball skills were very strong.   

It sure would be nice to go through life being that kind of athlete.  Good for him.  I’m sure any of us would love to experience that for even a day.  I think he’s a rare talent and an all timer.  

• 3 months later...
Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

Hearing anything different now than what you posted back in April? I know Purdue still really likes their chances. 

Not much, but Penn State is definitely in a really good spot before his OV there this weekend.

The only school I don't think I could see him ending up out of his final five at is Iowa.

1 hour ago, KDB said:

Not much, but Penn State is definitely in a really good spot before his OV there this weekend.

The only school I don't think I could see him ending up out of his final five at is Iowa.

Yeah I just don't see Iowa making a ton of sense.  I know they have a lot of Indy guys there but I don't see how their offensive game plan makes sense for him to be honest.  More RB/TE focused. I agree re Penn State.  Hoping they lose this weekend haha.  I know that what Rondale has been doing has helped with Bell.  Hopefully it's enough to help him pull the trigger.

On 9/25/2018 at 8:58 PM, The Daily Hoosier said:

I find it interesting that Bell is coming to IU for his last OV, and for the weekend of the biggest home basketball game of the noncon schedule (Louisville).  Read into that how you will.  Of course it could be that the visit never actually happens.

I guess my message would be to Bell is come here, start day 1, don't worry about being over recruited the following year and following year. If Clemson qb situation has taught us anything this week...is that programs like Ohio St will be recruiting over guys like Bell before they even get on campus. At IU your position is guaranteed. 

25 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I guess my message would be to Bell is come here, start day 1, don't worry about being over recruited the following year and following year. If Clemson qb situation has taught us anything this week...is that programs like Ohio St will be recruiting over guys like Bell before they even get on campus. At IU your position is guaranteed. 

Yep, look at all the freshmen that see the field on day one for IUFB.  Look at Whop's 13 catch game.  The Penix/Bell combo could be special.

3 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Yep, look at all the freshmen that see the field on day one for IUFB.  Look at Whop's 13 catch game.  The Penix/Bell combo could be special.

Yeah I’m guessing that’d be part of IU’s pitch. I know Purdue’s pitch is showing how much they’re involving Rondale from day 1 and how Bell could be a legit starter from day 1. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Andy06 said:

Someone mentioned on the rivals board that Bell is visiting this weekend,  anyone else hear that?  Obviously is an unofficial since he is coming later this year for his official visit.

Wouldn’t surprise me if true. He’s been making quite a few trips to his finalists. 

Archived