David Bell

KDB

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, HoosierKix said:

Any updates here? He is visiting soon isn't he?

Josh Helmholdt of rivals posted an update this week about his recruitment. He basically said that there’s uncertainty regarding the next steps in his recruitment. So he didn’t 100% stick to his normal plan of visiting OSU, Iowa, and IU but he still could end up visiting all 3. I think Purdue leads at the moment but Penn State is in there too. 

https://n.rivals.com/news/rivals250-wr-david-bell-uncertain-about-next-visits

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, T-Free20 said:

Do we even have a chance at getting him? Also, does he have any interest in playing basketball in college? Makes me wonder if Archie would have any interest in him as a point guard off the bench.

I would say it is a very slim shot at best but could change if Brohm leaves PU

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

Probably because the 30 out of 56 voters who didn't just blindly vote for the big school player aren't Purdue fans. No other reason, I'm sure.

blindly? Lol.  It'd still be ridiculous even if Kiser had committed to Purdue.  Bell deserved that award over Kiser.  He played top competition all year and Kiser played nobody.

This is how I feel.

To leave Romeir Elliot out of the group of finalists, and THEN to not give the award to David Bell? 

I thought one of those two would win the award, the fact that neither won it is absurd to me. 

Jack Kiser is a great player, but he should not be the one owning the title of 2018 Mr. Football in my opinion.

15 minutes ago, KDB said:

This is how I feel.

To leave Romeir Elliot out of the group of finalists, and THEN to not give the award to David Bell? 

I thought one of those two would win the award, the fact that neither won it is absurd to me. 

Jack Kiser is a great player, but he should not be the one owning the title of 2018 Mr. Football in my opinion.

Agree re Elliott. On the best team putting up huge numbers against legit teams every weekend. Kiser didn’t do that. 

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Keiser didnt deserve it!?!?!? BS.

Maybe you could argue Bell deserved it more, but get out of here with the Kiser didnt deserve it. 

Quite honestly its refreshing a kid that doesnt go to a big indy HS won the award. 

Let me rephrase what I said. I don’t think Kiser deserved it over Bell. In most other years he’s clearly the winner but over Bell in this particular year? Don’t agree with that at all. Kiser’s numbers would look significantly different if he’s going up against Carmel, Center Grove, and Warren Central teams all year. Did he even play against any D1/P5 guys all year?

Random but welcome back. Seems like you took a long break from here. 

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Let me rephrase what I said. I don’t think Kiser deserved it over Bell. In most other years he’s clearly the winner but over Bell in this particular year? Don’t agree with that at all. Kiser’s numbers would look significantly different if he’s going up against Carmel, Center Grove, and Warren Central teams all year. Did he even play against any D1/P5 guys all year?

Random but welcome back. Seems like you took a long break from here. 

I'm crazy busy during HS football season. 

I have no idea what his numbers would look.. it's not like he'd be playing with his Pioneer team against any of them though, if he were to play them. 

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'm crazy busy during HS football season. 

I have no idea what his numbers would look.. it's not like he'd be playing with his Pioneer team against any of them though, if he were to play them. 

Fair enough. Here’s a different question for you: who do you think will be the better college player between the two?

Archived