David Bell

KDB

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen rumors that Bell has already told Brohm he'd be going there, but I can't imagine we'd send 7 staff members there to watch him 5 days before signing day if that was the case.  I would still bet a lot of money that he'd go to Purdue, but maybe we have a 5% chance instead of a .1% chance.

Maybe this is like when we sent a bunch of staff members to see Penix last year?

2 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I've seen rumors that Bell has already told Brohm he'd be going there, but I can't imagine we'd send 7 staff members there to watch him 5 days before signing day if that was the case.  I would still bet a lot of money that he'd go to Purdue, but maybe we have a 5% chance instead of a .1% chance.

Maybe this is like when we sent a bunch of staff members to see Penix last year?

Couldn’t the coaches have been there to see Dawand Jones too? And the 5 days before signing day doesn’t really apply to Bell since he won’t sign until February. Unless you just meant 5 days before signing day in general. He’s announcing at the Army All-American Game. 

All rivals experts have predicted Purdue and Purdue is at 90% crystal ball on 24/7 with the only 2 non-Purdue picks being from a long time ago. 

8 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Couldn’t the coaches have been there to see Dawand Jones too? And the 5 days before signing day doesn’t really apply to Bell since he won’t sign until February. Unless you just meant 5 days before signing day in general. He’s announcing at the Army All-American Game. 

All rivals experts have predicted Purdue and Purdue is at 90% crystal ball on 24/7 with the only 2 non-Purdue picks being from a long time ago. 

I wouldn't think they would have sent 7 coaches to watch Jones though.  The 5 days before signing day just meant that they could have been out recruiting other people they're wanting to get for signing day.

I'd still be shocked if he doesn't pick Purdue, but crazier things have happened.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, KDB said:

Yesterday on Bell's Instagram story he had a video showing the hats for his announcement.

There was no IU hat.

Purdue, Penn State, Ohio State, and Iowa. 

The guys on 24/7 mentioned that Bell told them he already signed which had been hinted at before.  Mentioned he has known for 4 or 5 months or something like that.

I didn't think we had a great chance with Bell, but was hopeful we would be in the running. 

I say it's PU for Bell.  He will make their skill position group very deep and talented. 

Hope the rumblings of that transfer from Florida are true.  If we add him, and Tuttle, the influx of talent this year for IU and PU is at worst a push.  It might lean toward IU depending on who we finish the class off with.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

To me it is obvious he is going to PU and it is great get for them.  Hopefully there is something to us getting Green from Florida who was a top 300 player and a 4 star so that could be a wash.

I think it could be a wash potentially amongst those two but comparing the WR class for both schools, I think Purdue wins that one pretty easily.  This is likely going to be Purdue's best WR class they've ever had.

2 hours ago, Andy06 said:

I didn't think we had a great chance with Bell, but was hopeful we would be in the running. 

I say it's PU for Bell.  He will make their skill position group very deep and talented. 

Hope the rumblings of that transfer from Florida are true.  If we add him, and Tuttle, the influx of talent this year for IU and PU is at worst a push.  It might lean toward IU depending on who we finish the class off with.

It depends who you'd finish with but assuming we land Bell, I think it'd be difficult for it to lean IU once the class is finished.

18 minutes ago, SpiderMonkey said:

I think it's great that both schools are seeing improved recruiting. 

I'd be shocked if Bell doesn't announce for Purdue.  Any talk of him playing basketball as well at Purdue?  Looks like they could use some help.

Nope and don’t think him playing basketball was ever a serious consideration. It was football all the way. 

3 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

It depends who you'd finish with but assuming we land Bell, I think it'd be difficult for it to lean IU once the class is finished.

I agree with you when you just consider just the recruiting class.  But I was adding the QB transfer into the mix, and the rumored potential of the WR transfer from Florida to the talent influx.

1 hour ago, Andy06 said:

I agree with you when you just consider just the recruiting class.  But I was adding the QB transfer into the mix, and the rumored potential of the WR transfer from Florida to the talent influx.

Yeah I think that’s fair. Do you know for sure if Tuttle is eligible?

Archived