All 4 signees in top 150

snowling

12 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I think he means Eric Hunter.  Purdue recruit from Indy.  He was left off the AP IN All Star team but made the other All Star team listed in the article.

Yes...Eric Hunter is who I was referring to. Goes back to a conversation we had about him being voted 1st team all-state in an earlier poll where Damezi missed the cut.

Obviously Romeo is the crown jewel if he says yes but I hope we remember these 4 kids for years to come. They all said yes before even seeing Archie on the sidelines at IU. I feel like our base is set with this group (very good base by the way) and now we pepper with 5 star guys in the coming 2-3 classes. That's how a program is built. Thanks again to these 4!

1 minute ago, bluegrassIU said:

I think some of us mat be sleeping on the potential of Jake Forrester. We rarely mention him. 

6"9", 3 point range, very athletic and a bit of a nasty streak. 

He seems overlooked at this point. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=axuLV89cQjY

Oh, and credit to KoB for providing the beat in the video, and 5fouls for the vocals! Nice work guys!

2 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

I think some of us mat be sleeping on the potential of Jake Forrester. We rarely mention him. 

6"9", 3 point range, very athletic and a bit of a nasty streak. 

He seems overlooked at this point. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=axuLV89cQjY

I agree with you about Jake but honestly that competition would make me look good and that is saying something 

30 minutes ago, mkaser said:

I feel like Robert should be higher. People are really sleeping on him. 

He's at least trending in the right direction. As I recall, he was in the 120's earlier.  Agree he's still likely underrated but they would probably move him up a fair amount if he were just a tad taller.

19 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

He's at least trending in the right direction. As I recall, he was in the 120's earlier.  Agree he's still likely underrated but they would probably move him up a fair amount if he were just a tad taller.

The thing I don't like is there are players every year that are Perea (ish) that are ranked over guys like RP.. and it is honestly stupid. The potential rarely comes to fruition in college. 

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

The thing I don't like is there are players every year that are Perea (ish) that are ranked over guys like RP.. and it is honestly stupid. The potential rarely comes to fruition in college. 

Yes, I’m often reminded of the Hanner/Thon Maker types(Thon obviously better) who look freakishly athletic in high school, then get to the next level and fail to put it all together.

3 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

Yes, I’m often reminded of the Hanner/Thon Maker types(Thon obviously better) who look freakishly athletic in high school, then get to the next level and fail to put it all together.

Yes you simply don't have time to play kids on potential college

41 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Don't disagree with that at all. Rob absolutely tore it up this year and while he gained substantially, I still have a hard time believing that there are 98 kids better than him in 2018.

Then you have players like Vic and (even more off the radar) OG.  I'm trying to remember but I was thinking that OG was like in the 270's or something like that.  It was obvious early on that people were way off on him as well. Thankfully, IU had a staff that was good at seeing past the rankings.  Makes me think Crean should have offered your guy Lairy. ¬¬

10 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Don't disagree with that at all. Rob absolutely tore it up this year and while he gained substantially, I still have a hard time believing that there are 98 kids better than him in 2018.

Then you have players like Vic and (even more off the radar) OG.  I'm trying to remember but I was thinking that OG was like in the 270's or something like that.  It was obvious early on that people were way off on him as well. Thankfully, IU had a staff that was good at seeing past the rankings.  Makes me think Crean should have offered your guy Lairy. ¬¬

The interesting thing though is that Vic and OG both have the freakish athleticism that typically gets kids over-ranked, not under-ranked. 

Agree with you guys on Phinisee. I think in a couple years IU fans are going to be really, really excited that we landed him and not some other higher ranked pg's. 

247 Composite Rankings

Victor Oladipo: 136

Juwan Morgan: 117

OG Anunoby: 355

Conclusion: let’s not get caught up with the number attached to the incoming recruits. These guys will return IU to prominence with or without a Rivals Top 100 ranking attached to their name. 

14 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Haha promise if he's 2 inches taller he's playing at a Power 5 conference. Dropped 41 on us last year in the regional. 

Just now, DocHoosier said:

247 Composite Rankings

Conclusion: let’s not get caught up with the number attached to the incoming recruits. These guys will return IU to prominence with or without a Rivals Top 100 ranking attached to their name. 

Hahahahahaha OG @355 .... again hahahahaha

2 minutes ago, DocHoosier said:

247 Composite Rankings

Wow...it was even worse than I remembered.As soon as I saw him play for IU, I could see what Crean liked him...just a freak of an athlete and a crazy cool demeanor.

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Haha promise if he's 2 inches taller he's playing at a Power 5 conference. Dropped 41 on us last year in the regional. 

I'll try to follow him at Miami.  Sounds like he's pretty small but sometimes the heart of a warrior can overcome a lot.  I'm still genuinely mystified why he's an absolute scoring machine getting no national notice while Tyler Ulis (who I think was 5'9") got a UK offer. There's likely something I'm missing here, but other than an inch, I have no idea what it is.

5 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I'll try to follow him at Miami.  Sounds like he's pretty small but sometimes the heart of a warrior can overcome a lot.  I'm still genuinely mystified why he's an absolute scoring machine getting no national notice while Tyler Ulis (who I think was 5'9") got a UK offer. There's likely something I'm missing here, but other than an inch, I have no idea what it is.

Bob Lovell said he is 5'6  joked that he is only 5 8 in his mom's heels. 

3 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

OK...so in reality, he's like 3" shorter than Ulis.  Holy s**t...dude is tiny.  That clears some of the confusion.  Yogi would have been posting that up.

Still, the kid can obviously play. I guess we'll see how he translates.

Wait till his little brother gets in HS.. pretty sure he'll be going to Evansville North. 

Archived