All 4 signees in top 150

snowling

18 minutes ago, DocHoosier said:

247 Composite Rankings

Victor Oladipo: 136

Juwan Morgan: 117

OG Anunoby: 355

Conclusion: let’s not get caught up with the number attached to the incoming recruits. These guys will return IU to prominence with or without a Rivals Top 100 ranking attached to their name. 

At the same time, while those guys ended up becoming studs for IU, none of them averaged more than 18 mpg (Vic 18.0, OG 13.7, Juwan 9.1) or 8 ppg (Vic 7.4, OG 4.9, Juwan 2.4) their freshman years.  Probably going to take some time for guys like Phinisee, Anderson, and Forrester to develop.

24 minutes ago, DocHoosier said:

247 Composite Rankings

Victor Oladipo: 136

Juwan Morgan: 117

OG Anunoby: 355

Conclusion: let’s not get caught up with the number attached to the incoming recruits. These guys will return IU to prominence with or without a Rivals Top 100 ranking attached to their name. 

Agreed the rankings aren’t end all be all, but you are leaving out all of Creans horrible misses that were accurately ranked. 

18 minutes ago, DocHoosier said:

Lol oh I haven’t forgotten, in fact  I’ll need a lifetime attempting to forget those players. Woof

That's maybe the thing I like best about Archie.  He truly values the scholarships and only offers guys who have been well scouted, fit his system, and are capable of contributing for a good program.  I heard that Crean had never even seen David Williams play when he offered him.  

27 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

That's maybe the thing I like best about Archie.  He truly values the scholarships and only offers guys who have been well scouted, fit his system, and are capable of contributing for a good program.  I heard that Crean had never even seen David Williams play when he offered him.  

I heard he scouted Priller extensively.:coffee:

In contrast, Underwood signed six.  Yes six... for the incoming class.  Year's past, Illini fans mocked IU for the numbers IU had coming in, which they claimed was the reason why IU was ranked in the top 10.  Yet... with six... yes, six signed by Underwood, the best the Illini could do, with the volume was get a 19 ranking in the final 247 ranking list.

Illinois 2018 Basketball Commits

Hey dummies.  It's quality and quantity that matter.  Just admit... the six you have coming in... with the exception of one... don't have the quality.  All the while IU still awaits, perhaps the best in the nation to come on board. 

21 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

In contrast, Underwood signed six.  Yes six... for the incoming class.  Year's past, Illini fans mocked IU for the numbers IU had coming in, which they claimed was the reason why IU was ranked in the top 10.  Yet... with six... yes, six signed by Underwood, the best the Illini could do, with the volume was get a 19 ranking in the final 247 ranking list.

Illinois 2018 Basketball Commits

Hey dummies.  It's quality and quantity that matter.  Just admit... the six you have coming in... with the exception of one... don't have the quality.  All the while IU still awaits, perhaps the best in the nation to come on board. 

Roster turnover, style and of course running off Mr. Illinois already has a few friends who went there a little concerned. Combine that with how they got Ayo (him and THT couldn't play together because of Chicago AAU stuff) and let's just say. Roster turnover won't be a stranger to Underwood. Might make Iowa St under Hoiberg look steady. 

I'll worry about Illini in 2020. At the earliest.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived