The Noise..

Seeking6

Question for the board. I don't want this turned into a political debate and feel free to delete if it does. My comment (followed by question) is this. I used to care (regardless of party) what came out of Washington or even our Indiana political leaders. Use to get involved, donate, volunteer,etc...but anymore when I see any political debate or article or opinion....I find myself quickly deleting or looking away.

I'm to the point where I just don't care anymore what comes out of DC...for both parties. Anyone else feel the same?

I feel mostly the same with some exceptions.  I quit watching the news networks and paying attention several years ago. I feel much better mentally. 

If I hear about something that interests me it comes from a non news source.  So basically I let other people waste their time and tell me the current events and I can filter what I care about. 

I have enough of my own chaos to manage. 

I'm the same way, with maybe a little different perspective.

It's an issue on two levels with me. 

The first thing is that there is no real political discussion, debate, or intrigue any longer.  It's all partisan politics.  And, our country suffers for it.  It's simply not as interesting when people support a position based more on who else supports it versus their own personal beliefs.

the other thing with me is that I simply do not have as much time to devote to keeping up with it as I used to.  After the demands of marriage, kids, work, Romeo Langford, etc., I can't find enough time in the day to watch or read political stuff.  I wish I had more time to do that, but even if I did, my first reason listed above would probably keep me from fully investing.    

I understand the thought process behind tuning out the "noise". I never used to pay attention. Grew tired of same stuff on sports radio, then the same music being played.While I still listen to each, just not as much. That has made room for news. As I've grew in my profession, I've realized the connection between investments, the economy, economic policies, and eventually the makers of those policies. I try not to get bogged down in the news of the day stuff which is what I consider "noise" and focus on the larger themes. A lot of the market news I see is economic related and therefore I think I see a lot of the news through a different viewpoint than the papers, radio, network / cable news and talk radio that bombard everyone else.  I see it as a bad news sells. Whether that is a market crash, a murder in the city, an aproaching snowstorm/ hurricane/ etc, or a political scandal that "news of the day" will drive a narrative for a short term. Eventually the "storm" blows over and fundamental conditions return.

Archived