IU Baseball

Any of you fans? I wouldn't mind trying to drum up some discussion on the "Other IU sports" part of this board. 

I bought a pass to watch the IU games on BTN Plus this winter, best decision I could have made. I have watched probably 12-15 games on it already and I have attended 3 IU games this year.. and I will be at the game in Indy tonight. 

Herrin is on the mound, who has pitched really well recently... They are throwing a RHP. 

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad someone brought this up. Right now (and rightfully so) all things are Romeo and Pacers here in Indy. Not a mention of the 8th ranked Hoosiers. I really wanted to go tonight and still might...but I'm not signing up for cold.

I was always  nervous when Smith left but Lemonis is actually taking it to another level. Kudos to both of them and honestly a big kudos to Fred Glass and IU. No shock that we have been one of the best (if not the best) Big 10 programs over last decade. Amazing what spending some $ on facilities does. 

Will be at the game.  I know the money sports get a lot of the attention, but our secondary and Olympic sports are really coming on strong.  From swimming to baseball to track to women's softball, they all seem to be trending upwards.  Kudo's to Fred Glass.  He really is doing a tremendous job in picking coaches to building up the facilities for all sports.

Smith not having the success at ASU that was expected.  

As far as IU baseball is concerned, like everything else, it's a matter of finding the time to invest for me.  I would definitely be more inclined to invest in the baseball team than the football team, simply because I like the sport better.   I hope IU keeps it up and is able to host a College World Series Regional.  

30 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

As far as IU baseball is concerned, like everything else, it's a matter of finding the time to invest for me.  I would definitely be more inclined to invest in the baseball team than the football team, simply because I like the sport better.   I hope IU keeps it up and is able to host a College World Series Regional.  

It isn't out of the helm of possibility of hosting a regional and a super regional. 

I've loved how Lemonis has started locking down the state recruiting wise. Especially the southern half. He's done great work in the HHC and MSC already. 

56 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Glad someone brought this up. Right now (and rightfully so) all things are Romeo and Pacers here in Indy. Not a mention of the 8th ranked Hoosiers. I really wanted to go tonight and still might...but I'm not signing up for cold.

I was always  nervous when Smith left but Lemonis is actually taking it to another level. Kudos to both of them and honestly a big kudos to Fred Glass and IU. No shock that we have been one of the best (if not the best) Big 10 programs over last decade. Amazing what spending some $ on facilities does. 

I've got top and bottom tights, extra underwear, long sleeve pullover, gloves, extra socks, sweatpants, and a parka for tonight... and a sock cap lol 

56 minutes ago, btownqb said:

It isn't out of the helm of possibility of hosting a regional and a super regional. 

I've loved how Lemonis has started locking down the state recruiting wise. Especially the southern half. He's done great work in the HHC and MSC already. 

Hopefully that changes as Wasikowski gets more established. I like his potential. 

10 hours ago, 5fouls said:

ASU baseball seems eerily similar to IU basketball. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arizona_State_Sun_Devils_baseball

33 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think Purdue can be good even with IU not taking a step back. Back to where they were when I was in school (the 09 team I think). Did you follow both teams back then?

A kid I went to church with played for Purdue baseball around that time.  His name was Joe Haase and was a pretty good pitcher.

36 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think Purdue can be good even with IU not taking a step back. Back to where they were when I was in school (the 09 team I think). Did you follow both teams back then?

We weren't where we are now, at that time. And this isn't meant to be a knock on Purdue, but I don't follow their sports outside of Football and Basketball (I guess) because of the coverage on BTN. I don't follow any other team besides IU in those two sports. 

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Hope you had a great time. Can't believe that ballpark is 22 years old. Whenever I go to watch a game I'm reminded how quickly Indy has changed in 2 decades. Great to see a win for the good guys too!

It was a really good night. Ate at the Ram downtown, had a some SunKing at the ballpark... Fineman hit a Finebomb, Tim Herrin was magnificent and our Hoosiers got the W. 

30 minutes ago, btownqb said:

We weren't where we are now, at that time. And this isn't meant to be a knock on Purdue, but I don't follow their sports outside of Football and Basketball (I guess) because of the coverage on BTN. I don't follow any other team besides IU in those two sports. 

That’s fair I was just curious. One of my good friends (and groomsman in my upcoming wedding) was one of the studs on that team and was just wondering if you knew much about that team is all. 

Couple of notes:

Herrin's ERA is down to a 2.83 after being in the 7s a month ago. 

Our team ERA is a 2.27 that leads the country. Bullpens ERA is 1.55. 

We have won 18 of 20. 

Also.. it was reported there were just over 4,000 there last night... which seems fairly close. I would be willing to be there would have been 6,000-7,000 had it been warm. 

42 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

That’s fair I was just curious. One of my good friends (and groomsman in my upcoming wedding) was one of the studs on that team and was just wondering if you knew much about that team is all. 

No.. I do not. That would have been my SR year of HS. Basically, I think IU's ceiling is higher in baseball (not that that will always matter), but I think Purdue could be a Minnesota type school in baseball moving forward. 

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

No.. I do not. That would have been my SR year of HS. Basically, I think IU's ceiling is higher in baseball (not that will always matter), but I think Purdue could be a Minnesota type school in baseball moving forward. 

That’s fair. I’d be more than happy with being similar to Minny. 

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Hopefully the bride to be isn't a Purdue fan as well? :D

Archived